Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jan 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile Does this sound ok?

I would love to visit Disneyland and universal so I am thinking of maybe next year so just pricing up this year to give me an idea.
Friday 25th October flying indirect to LAX from Newcastle. 5 nights staying at a hotel near Disneyland and then getting an Uber to a hotel near universal and staying 3 nights? Won’t be driving at all. Then flying back from LAX on Saturday 2 nd November. BA holidays are coming out about £3000 for 4 of us for flights and hotels. I have no idea if this is ok or expensive considering school hols ( my kids always get the Friday before half term off as teacher training ) is it too much faff for 8 nights ? Thanks for any advice.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Flights into and out of LAX are generally in the £450 bracket from London. I would guess that Newcastle would be more?

Does your price include transfers?

What do the offered Hotels work out at when compared through Expedia, Trivago etc? As you have not named them or their standard, this makes it hard to assess the offer.

Does this price include park tickets?

This deal should be easy to price up, even though your flight pricing will be for this October, rather than next.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Flights into and out of LAX are generally in the £450 bracket from London. I would guess that Newcastle would be more?

What do the offered Hotels work out at when compared through Expedia, Trivago etc? As you have not named them or their standard, this makes it hard to assess the offer.

This deal should be easy to price up, even though your flight pricing will be for this October, rather than next.
No transfers included. I think we would get an Uber. I haven’t priced it up separately as I really don’t have much clue about hotels.
Clarion near Disneyland and the garland Hollywood area. These are the hotels BA are offering. No tickets included.
I don’t mind basic!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post

Thanks for replying. You don’t think 8 nights is too short for the travelling. I think I am worrying about that too! Although the kids are older now so no little ones in tow!
Old 9 Jan 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It depends how you weigh up flight time and flight cost against nights of vacation. Whilst I wouldn’t visit for a weekend, 8 sounds worth it, although I never vacation for less than 14 (anywhere). This is partly due to the distance from W Cornwall to a worthwhile (for me), airport. My circumstances and priorities may be different to yours.

Me personally? I would look at Easter and a 14 day N to South taking in San Francisco, Monterey, LA and San Diego as such a significant part of your outlay is simply getting there. I would save up and go for longer. To do this you obviously have to be comfortable with driving. (Easter hols is better value than Summer (imho)). Christmas would be too cold.

Having recently done just this (have a look at my trip report), I found this vacation better value than Orlando whilst being one heck of a lot more exotic. It depends on what you are looking for!

Edited at 10:00 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I would love to do this but not comfortable at all driving. We would have to rely on public transport.
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Replied to your message before I saw this thread. I think what i've suggested is what you were pretty much thinking Go with what works best for family, everybody holidays differently. I do like to do I longer stay to make the most of flying so far and getting the most of the flight price (Plus California jet lag can be a killer) but I have done a 6 night stay on the west coast in the past.
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I would love to do this but not comfortable at all driving. We would have to rely on public transport.
That is a real shame.

I know that it is easy to say, but the driving is in fact rather easy. I am no great driver, but the speeds are slower, the road junctions clear etc etc.
Like most things, you get used to it. .. and after just a few miles.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Wishing View Post
Replied to your message before I saw this thread. I think what i've suggested is what you were pretty much thinking Go with what works best for family, everybody holidays differently. I do like to do I longer stay to make the most of flying so far and getting the most of the flight price (Plus California jet lag can be a killer) but I have done a 6 night stay on the west coast in the past.
Thanks for replying. I’ve been reading your trip reports and enjoying them! X
Old 10 Jan 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Have you priced up Uber only whilst it’s only 35 miles from Disney to universal that can easily take 2 hrs so it might be expensive

There are other shuttles that I’ve seen driving around though .

Personally I wouldn’t do less than 2 weeks on the west coast . I’ve done a week in Vegas with kids and the longer flight and bigger time difference is a killer

I also think your quote is expensive , there are loads of hotels around Disneyland for the £100 a night range

And you should easily get flights for £400 each , hotels shouldn’t be £1600 for 8 nights

Edited at 01:59 PM.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List