Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Mar 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Sensitive Subject. Looking for reassurance.

Hi everyone.

Don’t really know why I’m posting this but I’ve been referred to the breast clinic by my GP for breast pain and swelling. I am so unbelievably terrified that I can’t focus on anything. I think I’ve even made myself ill as I’ve been sick all day.

Has anyone been before and it turned out to be nothing? What should I expect at the clinic? All I can think about is my 10 month old little boy and how I don’t want to leave him without a mummy.

Sorry if this all sounds dramatic. I’m just really scared.
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

Hi , This happened to my sister last year. I’m afraid I don’t have much indepth info as she didn’t want to discuss it much but it turned out to be nothing and she was given the all clear. I hope this reasures you a bit . Always best to check these things straight away. Sending you a hug xxx
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t have any experience with this, but I know there are loads of brave and wonderful dibbers who do and I’m sure they’ll be along to offer their stories in due course.

All I wanted to say is that you aren’t at all being overly dramatic. Of course you are going to be worried and scared and probably a whole host of other emotions too. There are no right and wrongs.
Sending you lots of love x x
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’ve been to the breast clinic quite a lot over the years as I have fibroadenomas (probably not spelled that right) anyway in my experience the nurses / doctors are very good at reassuring you. I’ve always got results the same day. Always best to get these checked out but try not to worry. X
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I’ve been to the breast clinic quite a lot over the years as I have fibroadenomas (probably not spelled that right) anyway in my experience the nurses / doctors are very good at reassuring you. I’ve always got results the same day. Always best to get these checked out but try not to worry. X
This is really reassuring. Thank you. One of the things I most worried about is being told I have to wait a couple of weeks for results. X

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
Planned Upcoming Visits: December 2023 (WDW)
NatalieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Hi, I've been referred 3 times for various lumps and always got the results the same day. I went to the gp earlier this week with yet another lump and have again been referred. The gp explained that they have to refer all breast changes into the clinic. Please try not to worry x
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

I had what sounds like this once, turns out it was a blocked duct (seemed to be a bit like mastitis), all sorted with antibiotics. Hope yours is something similar and you feel much better soon. Easy to say l know but try not to get too stressed
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
NatalieG
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
Hi, I've been referred 3 times for various lumps and always got the results the same day. I went to the gp earlier this week with yet another lump and have again been referred. The gp explained that they have to refer all breast changes into the clinic. Please try not to worry x
What happens at the appointment? X

Past Visits: 2012 (WDW), 2013 (WDW), 2015 (WDW), 2017 (DLP), 2019 (WDW), 2023 (WDW - 50th Anniversary).
Planned Upcoming Visits: December 2023 (WDW)
Old 14 Mar 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have been to the clinic a few times and each time I have gone into panic mode! Each time I have come out grinning like a cheshire cat.

We have a one stop clinic here and I always have a consultation with the doctor, then a mammogram and then the ultrasound people have a look, mostly they send me on my way home, as couple of times they have drained the cyst. At this point I will confess to being the biggest wuss you will ever meet and I can honestly say that it doesn't hurt at all, maybe a tiny (and I mean tiny) bit uncomfortable.

No point saying try not to panic. Fingers crossed you'll come out grinning too

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland

Edited at 09:47 PM.
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

I had a painful swollen lump that turned out to be an abscess - antibiotics sorted it out. I actually got one on the other side 6 months later and found it before it got bad because I knew the signs. Try not to worry too much, remember it’s best to get it looked at now whatever it is!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List