Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jul 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Cat So Stressed Going to Cattery

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has any advice? My cat gets so stressed going to the cattery he starts to mouth breath. This is not good for him and I am quite worried about taking him next time.

Frances01
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You need to keep talking to him if you can take him out the carrier and stroke him take his mind off the journey.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Our girl does that...Either put the carrier on your knee and stroke him and talk to him or get in the back seat with him and do it that way, cover the carrier if you can as it blocks out the movement from outside, good luck 😻 he'll be okay
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Awww, our cats are the same, it worries me too. I usually sit in the back of the car with them and their carriers. Talking and stroking them seems to help a little. As said above, making sure they can’t see out makes ours a little less anxious. It’s so horrible seeing them nervous and stressed. I always feel so guilty when we drop them at the cattery.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
Awww, our cats are the same, it worries me too. I usually sit in the back of the car with them and their carriers. Talking and stroking them seems to help a little. As said above, making sure they can’t see out makes ours a little less anxious. It’s so horrible seeing them nervous and stressed. I always feel so guilty when we drop them at the cattery.
Me too, I feel dreadful but then I think about the holiday, if we didn't do it we wouldn't be able to go 😭
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
frances01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you all for your advice. I usually take them myself and they are on the passengers seat. I will try and get someone else to drive and also cover them. I did get tablets from the vets and my cat was given them for coming home. I felt so bad he was so out of it and seemed upset about that too.
Sept 97 Orlando, Sept 98 Orlando, Sept 00 Orlando, Mar 03 Orlando, Feb 04 DLP, Apr 05 Orlando, Oct 06 Orlando, Oct 07 St Augustine/Orlando, Oct 08 Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise/Orlando, Oct 09 Orlando, Oct 10 Orlando/Disney Western Caribbean Cruise, Oct 11 Orlando, Oct 13 Orlando. Oct 14 Orlando, Oct 15 Orlando/Keys, Jul 17 Orlando, Feb 22 Orlando, Jul 23 Orlando
frances01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Could you maybe hire a pet sitter to live in your house to look after the cat, or one that visits twice a day for feeding, then it would be in its home comforts.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Could you maybe hire a pet sitter to live in your house to look after the cat, or one that visits twice a day for feeding, then it would be in its home comforts.
That’s what I’d suggest too. I’m very protective over our cats and always have someone come to stay to avoid the stress of the car, the carrier, hearing other cats, being cold/hot, different smells, having to get used to several other people etc (maybe too over protective ).
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
That’s what I’d suggest too. I’m very protective over our cats and always have someone come to stay to avoid the stress of the car, the carrier, hearing other cats, being cold/hot, different smells, having to get used to several other people etc (maybe too over protective ).
I’m exactly the same. We had a brilliant cat sitter that popped in twice a day while we were in Florida. She sent me videos and photos each day of them, so I knew they were safe.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
Absolutely this ... we paid for someone to come in twice per day and feed/play with the cats - cost £15 per day, which is comparable to a cattery cost.
Now I have someone who will live in for the same price! I couldn’t put mine in a cattery...
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List