Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Let's just hope our credit card providers come through for us and we don't have to worry about raising anything
They're raising my blood pressure
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Wasn't just Martin Lewis though - those two links as well...

I take it all on board but I think as a group we should still try and apply as much pressure as possible. Thanks for your help.
Absolutely agree that you should try and keep as much pressure on as possible - there’s no way the card providers should be trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities. I can’t actually see where Martin Lewis mentions the 30 days, but the FT article you have linked to has either taken the information from the other website you linked to or vice versa, as they are word for word the same - this contradicts FOS’s own website and their standard approach to dealing with complaints. In over 20 years in the industry, I have never known a 30 day process to apply for FOS.

As I say, keeping pressure on is great, and you are free to pursue in whichever way you like, but I think there needs to be caution in telling people they have 30 days where there is no verifiable source for this, and will, therefore, almost certainly be a waste of time. The complaint needs to be raised with the provider first and they then have to be given 8 weeks to respond. At that point you then have recourse to refer to FOS.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and hope you ultimately get the resolution you are entitled to.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
I’ve just rang Virgin Atlantic credit card again to have a bit of a moan as to why everything needs to be posted and that people are getting refunds a lot quicker.
I rang Monday and still haven’t received anything to complete and nothing through post today! It’s made me think we won’t renew the card. £160 a year is probably not worth it anymore 😳
Have you received your form in the post yet? A week on and I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from VA credit card.
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Birtie View Post
Have you received your form in the post yet? A week on and I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from VA credit card.
Yes I received it Friday and sent recorded yesterday with copy of invoices. Haven’t a clue how long it will be from here on! 😳
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Absolutely agree that you should try and keep as much pressure on as possible - there’s no way the card providers should be trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities. I can’t actually see where Martin Lewis mentions the 30 days, but the FT article you have linked to has either taken the information from the other website you linked to or vice versa, as they are word for word the same - this contradicts FOS’s own website and their standard approach to dealing with complaints. In over 20 years in the industry, I have never known a 30 day process to apply for FOS.

As I say, keeping pressure on is great, and you are free to pursue in whichever way you like, but I think there needs to be caution in telling people they have 30 days where there is no verifiable source for this, and will, therefore, almost certainly be a waste of time. The complaint needs to be raised with the provider first and they then have to be given 8 weeks to respond. At that point you then have recourse to refer to FOS.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and hope you ultimately get the resolution you are entitled to.
Just to echo what Pumba75 said, the process would be as follows:

Raise a Section 75 claim,
Wait for the time period specified by your bank for a response to the claim,
Raise a complaint if you don't agree with the response or don't receive a response after the time specified,
Wait for a response to the complaint,
Contact the FOS if you don't receive a response to the complaint or don't like the response to your complaint.

In addition, it's not a bad idea to contact your bank and ask why it is going to take up to 45 days for a Section 75 claim and why they need to wait for advice from the CAA for a Section 75 claim.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SlinkyDog73
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Just to echo what Pumba75 said, the process would be as follows:

Raise a Section 75 claim,
Wait for the time period specified by your bank for a response to the claim,
Raise a complaint if you don't agree with the response or don't receive a response after the time specified,
Wait for a response to the complaint,
Contact the FOS if you don't receive a response to the complaint or don't like the response to your complaint.

In addition, it's not a bad idea to contact your bank and ask why it is going to take up to 45 days for a Section 75 claim and why they need to wait for advice from the CAA for a Section 75 claim.
I asked LLoyds and they said, 45 days due to volume of caims and neither the CAA or Lloyds could tell me what advice..or they did not want to..

They have been as much help as a chocolate teapot, I told the CAA it was a cc flight only and they told me to look back at the website in a week.. err not ATOL ... so they replied and said get intouch with my bank..
SlinkyDog73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

If its credit card flight only then its the bank... CAA / ABTA / ATOL got nothing to do with it
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SlinkyDog73
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
If its credit card flight only then its the bank... CAA / ABTA / ATOL got nothing to do with it

I know .. i filed my claim last week.. the point is the CAA just did not listen or answer my questions re: guidance to banks...
SlinkyDog73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SlinkyDog73 View Post
I know .. i filed my claim last week.. the point is the CAA just did not listen or answer my questions re: guidance to banks...
The banks are clearly just delaying - I am getting more annoyed by the day
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

no form here yet I put my claim in on Monday morning so 8 days now ill give it till Friday then ill call them up again
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List