Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Jan 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Another update for those interested - CP is complete and they are now in the Springs area to the right of the bus stop if looking across from the pool.
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Woohoobb View Post
Another update for those interested - CP is complete and they are now in the Springs area to the right of the bus stop if looking across from the pool.
I was pretty accurate then with my timescale.

The big issue is they have huge gangs but regularly take them off site for other jobs. Good business sense but slows the process down. However I lay odds the other contracts are for Disney otherwise they would hit them with a penalty clause.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I was pretty accurate then with my timescale.

The big issue is they have huge gangs but regularly take them off site for other jobs. Good business sense but slows the process down. However I lay odds the other contracts are for Disney otherwise they would hit them with a penalty clause.
I shall do some digging as I am on an extended stay (month) this trip! I haven’t seen any of them leave but I’m not sure what sized teams they have. What I have seen so far is a lot of activity and they are working hard! Maybe they were being pulled to do the ‘finishing’ touches on Riviera. With the beds falling on people and quite a few rooms I’d imagine they would have pulled all bodies to fix it!
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Woohoobb View Post
I shall do some digging as I am on an extended stay (month) this trip! I haven’t seen any of them leave but I’m not sure what sized teams they have. What I have seen so far is a lot of activity and they are working hard! Maybe they were being pulled to do the ‘finishing’ touches on Riviera. With the beds falling on people and quite a few rooms I’d imagine they would have pulled all bodies to fix it!
Yes I was briefly there just before Xmas and saw no one working at that point, but I was only briefly there as I was getting an earful from the kids about going to Mall at Millenia. What an afternoon that was, the traffic near there and the outlet mall where we also went was horrendous- never again.
Old 17 Jan 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We are at SSR this week. Here are a couple of photos from today of work at Springs
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Hey all I’ve not followed the whole thread but looking at changing to ssr preferred deluxe studio from pofq in sept this year.

Anyone know what the chances of getting a refurbed room is?

Thanks
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Hey all I’ve not followed the whole thread but looking at changing to ssr preferred deluxe studio from pofq in sept this year.

Anyone know what the chances of getting a refurbed room is?

Thanks
By Sept a very good chance I would say. But not 100% guaranteed.

However the crux will be will they release cash preferred rooms as they are not as available as the cash non preferred ones.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

Thank you - what are the cash rooms?

I guess I could also put in a request for a room (not sure how much difference that makes)
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Not sure if this has been mentioned on this thread, but Vlogers ‘The Lodge Guys’ have uploaded a vlog to YouTube in the last couple of days of them booking into a refurbed studio in Congress Park, it’s worth a watch, the newly done room looks lovely x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
Thank you - what are the cash rooms?

I guess I could also put in a request for a room (not sure how much difference that makes)
Sorry if I have confused you. Are you a DVC Member or paying cash?