Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Welcome back. I agree it was getting a bit tense at times! I did give myself the odd rest from it as not everyone was being respectful of other views. Sad really.

But 2021 will be a better year I'm sure. Lets hope we can all start back to our usual friendly topics of seat reclining, taking kids out of school and tips! 😂

Seriously though I cant wait to read trip reports and help others with their trip planning. Keep smiling. ❤
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
My April glass is draining daily Mick, I can see it being moved onto next Christmas, I'm really wanting our Spanish villa holiday with family in May, who knows eh?
Linda

We have the usual villa booked for Nov/Dec plus/minus a couple of days. As we're regulars the owner allows us a few days grace.

We're not going to book flights yet to see if we go in April. If BA cancel us again I might just go for the voucher as I'm sure that they'll have the same system in place then. I don't want to pay for Nov flights now even though they are roughly the same price that we paid for Nov 20 and April 21 and then have the hassle of getting my money back again.

If it looks almost certain that April is on by say mid-March then I'll book Nov.

Apart from cruise ports I don't think we've had a European holiday since a long weekend in Rouen in 1990.

Mick
Old 31 Dec 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Hi Linda

I’m another one who let things get to me especially on the virus forum - I actually made sure I got myself blocked from going on there as I was arguing with people and getting myself reallt upset which wasn’t like me at all - i was embarrassed at how much I’d let it get to me. I’ve not posted on here really since april time except for the odd fun post and I probably will keep it that way tbh for my own sanity glad to see you back x
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by sassysar View Post
I’m not a doctor so feel no need to post my COVID options or read Fred from Scunthorpe’s view on it .
However I will be eternally grateful to those on here who helped myself and three children have an amazing trips with less queues , more rides , better food and shared their knowledge
Yay to the Dibb and thank you all xxx
Sadly Fred from Scunthorpe's posts should invariably be prefaced by "I think" or "In my opinion" but rarely are. If you post aggressively enough some people might think that Fred is posting facts.

Mick
Old 31 Dec 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by lisa12000___ View Post
Hi Linda

I’m another one who let things get to me especially on the virus forum - I actually made sure I got myself blocked from going on there as I was arguing with people and getting myself reallt upset which wasn’t like me at all - i was embarrassed at how much I’d let it get to me. I’ve not posted on here really since april time except for the odd fun post and I probably will keep it that way tbh for my own sanity glad to see you back x
Lisa

A little tip from a 74 year old and a 16+ year Dibber if I may

If you start composing an angry response to an offensive post read it again and delete it. Posting it will only feed the trolls and they will elevate the nastiness. Ignore them and they will eventually get bored and go away and annoy someone else.

Mick
Old 31 Dec 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Lisa

A little tip from a 74 year old and a 16+ year Dibber if I may

If you start composing an angry response to an offensive post read it again and delete it. Posting it will only feed the trolls and they will elevate the nastiness. Ignore them and they will eventually get bored and go away and annoy someone else.

Mick
Agree wholeheartedly mick, don’t engage. Full stop.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sadly Fred from Scunthorpe's posts should invariably be prefaced by "I think" or "In my opinion" but rarely are. If you post aggressively enough some people might think that Fred is posting facts.

Mick
I don’t read anyone’s opinion or views regarding Covid as fact on here.
Yes, some are very opinionated and very vocal with those opinions - but I’m more likely to scroll past those posts tbh.
Unless they are ‘experts’ working in the field, then their opinions are no more or less valid than anyone else’s. And we won’t know whether they are or not - unless we know them personally.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
closed T&C's Section 3.4
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/terms_and_conditions.php
Discussing the actions or posting habits of other members is not allowed.

Edited at 04:20 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread