Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Why not just get a camera like others have suggested then you will know for sure instead of assuming it's him.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I think some things are being too read into. The grape doesn’t seem suspicious, and some of what he’s said just sounds like having a conversation, like about have your spent money on a fence. If he’s shouting the dog over to the fence to show his son, it would suggest to me that he likes the dog. I also don’t think he’d hurt the dog when stroking it in front of you. I don’t think people know some of these mentioned foods are poison to dogs and would throw things out for birds. I do think the glass is a stupid idea though. I wouldn’t really have thought about someone putting rat traps by bins but then I didn’t know they were illegal.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Very toxic, including dried fruits. Mince pies, Christmas cake and Christmas puds are a real poison risk to dogs each Christmas.
My sons french bulldog had to be vomit induced by the vet 2 weeks ago he ate a mince pie, it fell on the floor and was gone in seconds. Very expensive mince pie for them £120 vet bill.
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
I think some things are being too read into. The grape doesn’t seem suspicious, and some of what he’s said just sounds like having a conversation, like about have your spent money on a fence. If he’s shouting the dog over to the fence to show his son, it would suggest to me that he likes the dog. I also don’t think he’d hurt the dog when stroking it in front of you. I don’t think people know some of these mentioned foods are poison to dogs and would throw things out for birds. I do think the glass is a stupid idea though. I wouldn’t really have thought about someone putting rat traps by bins but then I didn’t know they were illegal.

I think you really don’t know this
Man and I’ve left out a lot of how cheeky he’s been lately so no you don’t know him , your barking up
The wrong tree trust me .
The rat traps was not near the bins .

In December I took in some bouquet of flowers that was delivered to their house they weren’t In.

I knocked the door left them and moved back
He came to
Door I said “ is it your anniversary @@@@@ ? Happy anniversary!

He said no how would you know? what’s it got to do with you !

I’m just comparing him to how nice my dad ( a few years older) would be to a neighbour but I guess not everyone is nice .

He never showed at my dog because he liked him he shouted and rattled the fence shaking it . Winding him up .

Oh yes that maybe just a joke but you know
What ? There’s no need and no he definitely does not like my dog !
So again you are wrong .
The man out down glass the man out down a grape a rat trap I know that!

Edited at 09:08 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gilly120 View Post
My sons french bulldog had to be vomit induced by the vet 2 weeks ago he ate a mince pie, it fell on the floor and was gone in seconds. Very expensive mince pie for them £120 vet bill.
My dog will eat anything too - typical Spaniel, so we have to be careful. Many times he’s picked something up on a walk. He’s really quick and I have to go fishing in case it’s anything toxic to him.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
I think you really don’t know this
Man and I’ve left out a lot of how cheeky he’s been lately so no you don’t know him , your barking up
The wrong tree trust me .
The rat traps was not near the bins .

In December I took in some bouquet of flowers that was delivered to their house they weren’t In.

I knocked the door left them and moved back
He came to
Door I said “ is it your anniversary @@@@@ ? Happy anniversary!

He said no how would you know? what’s it got to do with you !

I’m just comparing him to how nice my dad ( a few years older) would be to a neighbour but I guess not everyone is nice .

Oh yes that maybe just a joke but you know
What ? There’s no need and no he definitely does not like my dog !
So again you are wrong .
The man out down glass the man out down a grape a rat trap I know that!
To be fair, you’re being quite rude yourself in your reply now. You can’t judge a neighbour by how your dad behaved. You even say yourself he may be joking, it sounds like you don’t get his sense of humour possibly.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I have terrible issues with my neighbour and my dog, opposite issues though as he adores the dog and thinks that everything I do is wrong, and takes it upon himself to rectify, sneakily feeding him over the gate etc. It’s given me so many sleepless nights and I just want to move. We had a mortgage offer sorted but then Covid hit.
So no real advice but I am highly sympathetic
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Princesa View Post
To be fair, you’re being quite rude yourself in your reply now. You can’t judge a neighbour by how your dad behaved. You even say yourself he may be joking, it sounds like you don’t get his sense of humour possibly.
No am not being rude you judged against me not even knowing the man nor his manner .
When I say my dad I mean he wouldn’t talk to his female neighbour (out of respect) the way this man has spoken to me in a few occasions .

I have a great sense of humour this man has none.
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I have terrible issues with my neighbour and my dog, opposite issues though as he adores the dog and thinks that everything I do is wrong, and takes it upon himself to rectify, sneakily feeding him over the gate etc. It’s given me so many sleepless nights and I just want to move. We had a mortgage offer sorted but then Covid hit.
So no real advice but I am highly sympathetic
So sorry Mitch I think I
Read your posts about Him taking the dog out of your house etc .

That must’ve been so stressful so sorry about the mortgage. Hope in the near future you can continue with your plans .
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
I know instinct is often right but I couldn't feel comfortable relying on that alone.I would want actual concrete evidence that this man had done any of these things such as the video footage others have suggested.Even then I couldn't be totally certain that it was his intention to hurt my dog rather than deter rats or defecating cats. Ultimately, I would be confident that no harm could come to my dog because I naturally wouldn't be allowing it near that strip unsupervised and consequently I wouldn't think it worth risking conflict with a near neighbour. However it has to be said that I am a natural born wuss :-)
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List