Notices

Old 29 Oct 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
You still have plenty of time to plan for the hol, concentrate on the closest thing first which would be Christmas then try again after Christmas break, I'm sure you'll get back into it soon like Abby said xx
I think I’m just stressing because by this point last time I already had a basic plan together!xx
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Right. I have ever so sightly calmed down and got over the planning block.

I ordered a load of wedding bits this morning and so feel a little bit more in control on that side of things.

We’ve been discussing about universal and we can’t decide what to do. We are 100% doing HHN - we loved it last time. However we don’t know whether to splash out and get the 2 week tickets, or just try and get the BOGOF HHN offer, do some rides at universal during them and then pay on the door for a day at IOA.

What do people think?

Our worry is that we would like to do Disney and, DC and Busch gardens too so panicking about the time frame.
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Do you intend on going back to Universal next year? If so how about looking into the annual pass? Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Do you intend on going back to Universal next year? If so how about looking into the annual pass? Xx
We won’t have been within the time frame sadly! This time last year we would’ve been in Florida but not going back until October next year xxx
Old 7 Jan 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

** update 07.01.2020 **

First big update.

So after aaages of watching flight prices, I was coming to terms with the fact that we aren’t going to be able to go. We ideally wanted to fly from Manchester and prices have been insane and just knocked us out of our budget.

FLD wants to fly direct and with virgin - he’s not a good flyer so I sort of have to stick with his flying stipulations.

So, I have a look at work today (totes not on work time...definitely on my lunch. Definitely.) and Manchester prices have gone up to £1,850. Bummer.

So, clinging to my Disneymoon dreams I search for flights from London and booking direct with Virgin LGW - MCO is £1,000! So I start to get excited again. £500 each is the budget I had in mind for flights so it’s bang on, but it’s going to cost us a bit more to get to London so I was a bit unsure.

I then do a little bit of scouring the Dibb, find the wonder that is Netflights and with a helpful tip from Lorna_99 I get the exact same flights for £830! Eeeeeeek!
So I booked straight away. It’s under the budget I had set us, and I’m happy with it - even with having to get to London we won’t come near the Manchester flight prices.
That’s it - we’re definitely going! I’m properly excited now. I’d been stopping myself from getting excited because of how prices have been, but I’m glad I held out. No more looking at flights and goodbye price alerts 😂!

I am still apprehensive, as I think getting to London the day after our wedding is going to be knackering, but it will all be worth it once we step foot on Disney property!
Old 7 Jan 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Congrats on booking your plans sound amazing... I would love to do AKL it looks an amazing resort
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Congrats on booking your plans sound amazing... I would love to do AKL it looks an amazing resort
Thank you! It’s been a dream resort so definitely looking forward to it!x
Old 13 Jan 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
** update 07.01.2020 **

First big update.

So after aaages of watching flight prices, I was coming to terms with the fact that we aren’t going to be able to go. We ideally wanted to fly from Manchester and prices have been insane and just knocked us out of our budget.

FLD wants to fly direct and with virgin - he’s not a good flyer so I sort of have to stick with his flying stipulations.

So, I have a look at work today (totes not on work time...definitely on my lunch. Definitely.) and Manchester prices have gone up to £1,850. Bummer.

So, clinging to my Disneymoon dreams I search for flights from London and booking direct with Virgin LGW - MCO is £1,000! So I start to get excited again. £500 each is the budget I had in mind for flights so it’s bang on, but it’s going to cost us a bit more to get to London so I was a bit unsure.

I then do a little bit of scouring the Dibb, find the wonder that is Netflights and with a helpful tip from Lorna_99 I get the exact same flights for £830! Eeeeeeek!
So I booked straight away. It’s under the budget I had set us, and I’m happy with it - even with having to get to London we won’t come near the Manchester flight prices.
That’s it - we’re definitely going! I’m properly excited now. I’d been stopping myself from getting excited because of how prices have been, but I’m glad I held out. No more looking at flights and goodbye price alerts 😂!

I am still apprehensive, as I think getting to London the day after our wedding is going to be knackering, but it will all be worth it once we step foot on Disney property!
Aww that's fab news, what a bargain with those flights. It clearly pays to persevere! Treat yourselves to a train to London, just remember you don't need to be there till the evening so you can have a leisurely morning and get a train after lunch I hope we get to see some pics after the wedding! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Aww that's fab news, what a bargain with those flights. It clearly pays to persevere! Treat yourselves to a train to London, just remember you don't need to be there till the evening so you can have a leisurely morning and get a train after lunch I hope we get to see some pics after the wedding! X
That’s my plan! I just have no idea what I have to do venue wise the day after, it’s difficult wedding planning when you’ve not done it before 😂 as I’m sure most people find!
I’m going to start looking at hotels after payday.

I’ll definitely post a few pics!xx
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
That’s my plan! I just have no idea what I have to do venue wise the day after, it’s difficult wedding planning when you’ve not done it before 😂 as I’m sure most people find!
I’m going to start looking at hotels after payday.

I’ll definitely post a few pics!xx
I'm pretty sure anything at the venue could be done by family or the wedding party? I think we had to just make sure we collected everything we wanted to keep (centrepieces, cake etc) but our families, maid of honour and best man sorted it and we headed off for a mini moon

I can't wait to see them x