Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jul 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
A Crazy idea for 2022. Is this mad?

2021 is off the table for us so we are planning for 2022. As it will be a longer wait for us I’m thinking of doing something special. 2 adults, 2 kids who are now 13 and 11.

We definitely want an onsite minimum 10 night stay, where will depend on free dining if it’s back. We will do a few days at Universal and then I had been considering a Disney Cruise but not sure if it will be right for us and it’s very expensive so my crazy idea I’m considering is Disneyland in California as well. Is this a mad idea to do east and west coast Disney in the same trip?

I was thinking fly to LAX, 5 nights at an offsite location, fly to Orlando for 2 weeks mixture of Disney and Universal. My heart is saying great idea that will be amazing. Head is saying stupid idea

Any thoughts or anyone done this? We don’t want a just a west coast trip at this point and may explore this more when the kids are older.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Life is a beach
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I’d say go for it, trip of a lifetime
Life is a beach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Life is a beach View Post
I’d say go for it, trip of a lifetime
Me too. It sounds fantastic. If the wallet/annual leave allows it then go for it. Enjoy!
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We've done this and really enjoyed it. We had 5 days in Vegas then a couple of weeks in FL Disney (did that twice) Then had a week in SF travelling then 10 days at FL Disney. Loved it. Go for it, trip of a lifetime (but I bet you end up doing it again&#128522
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thanks I’ve got an extra year to save as we were supposed to go next year so with an offsite Disneyland hotel then financially it should be doable. Quite a bit to weigh up but plenty of time to plan. It’s hard to get an idea of Disneyland pricing at the moment though and getting from LAX to Disneyland I’ve no idea about as I wouldn’t get a car for that part.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

It sounds wonderful - if you have the funds go for it! Disneyland in Anaheim in my opinion is better than WDW, although much smaller.

Just a thought - if you go to LAX first you will be fighting against the jet lag a lot more than if you do MCO first. They also have the Alaskan cruises on the West Coast if that is of interest.

Also plan carefully when you go to Disneyland - they tend to close the big rides down at points to put on and take off holiday overlays which can be annoying if you wanted to ride space mountain or haunted mansion.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I would say it’s mad

If you had a much longer trip, maybe.

But it would be two expensive sets of tickets, extra cost and a day spent travelling.

Both are fantastic destinations in their own right so I’d plan two separate holidays and enjoy the many attractions both have to offer in more detail (or enjoy many more local attractions than you otherwise would be able to with such short stays).
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

I live by the motto.. "you only live once right?"

If it's something you want to do, then go right ahead and book it... it will be a trip to never forget

In regards on getting from LAX to Disnleyland, uber will be your best friend in LA!

Gav
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 09:21 AM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Why not, as long as you're happy with the travelling and the budget.

We did Universal Hollywood on a day's stopover (actually 13 hours, landed early am) coming back from Hawaii.

We also did a few days in Hong Kong on the way to Bali & Gili, wonderful experiences and made for a really special trip.

Enjoy

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Thanks for the views. Lots to consider

My next client in a minute is from LA. Will see what she says about jet lag

Edited at 10:17 AM.