Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
neil1489
Trainee Dibber

Shame on Virgin, my booking was with British Airways who sorted my refund within one week, as has already been said lets hope we all remember the companies who acted honourably in these difficult times for EVERYONE not just Richard Branson and his private island.
neil1489 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Not my experience either. We were due to travel today.

VH have regular updates on their websites saying dealing in order of departure and they'll be in touch closer to your travel date.

Last week I got an email offering a voucher or to call for a refund. I contacted via Twitter and after few days got a reply saying my refund was being processed.

I think we all need to take a breath and allow them time to process. I know it's frustrating but from what I've read everyone is getting the outcome they want it's just taking time.

They are short staffed too.

For me, I'll be using VH again.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Our flights were just cancelled yesterday (VA through Netflights) and we have requested a refund.

Today I got a reply via text from VH asking us to look at new dates but we will be liable for the difference in cost.

I have as yet not replied as where we do stand in requesting a refund?
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post
Our flights were just cancelled yesterday (VA through Netflights) and we have requested a refund.

Today I got a reply via text from VH asking us to look at new dates but we will be liable for the difference in cost.

I have as yet not replied as where we do stand in requesting a refund?
If it has been cancelled you can demand a cash refund but be aware they may and drag out paying you but they have to legally refund you within 2 weeks.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bighal View Post
If it has been cancelled you can demand a cash refund but be aware they may and drag out paying you but they have to legally refund you within 2 weeks.
Two weeks in normal circumstances.

These are most definitely not normal circumstances!

Personally I feel for the staff who are not only working in the office but from home - and like other organisations are under staffed to this virus - trying to sort this all out and its not only VA/VH. It is all carriers and travel agents.
Old 8 Apr 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post

Personally I feel for the staff who are not only working in the office but from home - and like other organisations are under staffed to this virus - trying to sort this all out and its not only VA/VH. It is all carriers and travel agents.
Its still two weeks even now.. it should be done the day it was requested,. If Jet2 and BA Holidays amongst others can do it straight away they have no excuse not to do the same.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post

Other airlines / TA’s have been able to do this.

VA/VH is more of a won’t rather than can’t... big difference. When you get through and they confirm the refund 2 weeks is more than sufficient. No way they can justify 100 days lead time for a refund. That’s like an interest free loan from their customers that they are earning interest on..
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not only did I have a hotel booking through VH but also with BA, just one night at Universal but I did not have to get in touch with them they got in touch with me. Full refund in 7/14 days.
If they can do so should Virgin!

This is the first time ever we have used Virgin, always BA since our first trip in 1997, BIG mistake changing🙁