Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Jan 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
We liked the hotel. Very close to the terminal. Room was a corner one so lots of windows and quite big. We had a double bed and sofa bed. Breakfast was ok. We got a taxi to LGW so no parking. We would have returned this year but fully booked
Ty TC very helpful
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Been in premier in north.. booked hampton hilton this time next door to PI.
Worked out better value as hampton included hot breakfast. You have to pay at PI but kids eat free. Hampton do rooms with a sofabed to accommodate 3 of the 5.
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post

I have stayed at the Sofitel and the Hilton and DH has additionally stayed at the Premier Inn. All walkable from Gatwick Express / airport terminal. I like Sofitel the best, but two rooms at PI probably makes the most sense, if you can find a decent rate, I haven’t managed that yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you all. I had a look at PI last night on these recommendedations. It was coming out much pricer than I expected so going to hold off for a while I think xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Thank you all. I had a look at PI last night on these recommendedations. It was coming out much pricer than I expected so going to hold off for a while I think xx
If you look at the Prem Inn a23, it is just round the corner up a path and over a quiet(ish) small road, it is often cheaper, but the same good standard as the one nearer the terminal.

Easily walkable, which we have done on a number of occasions.

They have a wee shuttle bus if you have loads of luggage.

Disney332
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Another vote for Prem Inn N with their really nice mattresses, cleanliness and also it’s meal deals. The ‘Premier Inn experience’ the night before flying is very much a part of our vacation, whether flying out of LGW or LHR and there would be a mutiny if I booked elsewhere.

There are two at LGW North, one directly opposite the N Terminal concourse (a)...and a further one about a 100 yd walk behind it (b).

(a)
Is marginally more convenient if you are arriving by public transport.
Is a nightmare to even bag drop outside with a car as there are parking nazis everywhere.
Generally costs £5 more per room per night, but has aircon.
Is generally fuller (restaurant) and imho busier with a strange, upstairs, automated reception.

(b)
Is a few years older.
Is generally £5 cheaper per room.
Has no aircon , but unless August wouldn’t bother me.
You can park outside and dump your bags before taking your car away to the summer long stay.
Has airport trolleys outside to move your bags to the N Terminal (200yds).
Has a traditional layout and reception.

I actually prefer (b). It just seems more relaxed and less frenetic.. (as in the recommendation in the post above by Disney322), But either is absolutely fine.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:51 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’re staying at the Hilton in the South Terminal. Stayed there last year. Wouldn’t pay full price for it, but if heavily discounted I would purely for convenience purposes. I converted Tesco club card points to hotels.com vouchers so cost us £62 for a compact family room was was actually £20 cheaper than the PI north terminal.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

We have booked the Hilton at South terminal. Never stayed there before but they did rooms for three adults and DD is 18 and unusually would rather share with us. Includes breakfast and was half the price of a family room at the Radisson Blu Manchester where we usually stay so I was perfectly happy. It £229 for the night plus breakfast.

Edited at 10:50 AM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
We have booked the Hilton at South terminal. Never stayed there before but they did rooms for three adults and DD is 18 and unusually would rather share with us. Includes breakfast and was half the price of a family room at the Radisson Blu Manchester where we usually stay so I was perfectly happy. It £229 for the night plus breakfast.
Stayed there after a late flight back from Madeira once - it’s massive!
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadMummy
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Last time we stayed at the Airport inn (family of 5) in a room for 5 and got the shuttle, it was easy enough but next time we will stay at the Premier inn x