Notices

View Poll Results: Which luxury air travel would you choose (and why)?
Virgin Upper 70 66.67%
BA Business Class 22 20.95%
Other 'Upper/Business Class 13 12.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Aug 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Can't agree at all with that. Hate the configuration of the seats - like a hospital ward on an angle. Much prefer BA's side by side seats. Your own little space.
Converted from Virgin after an appalling experience with Virgin UC.
Horses for courses Geoff, I prefer the BA set up too but think the UC quality is a step up.

That said, all being equal price I'd still choose BA
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Both BA and VS are ok, both have had enhancements made (i.e. Reductions) AA business very much depends which aircraft you get to what standard the cabin is. Aer lingus, hated the coffin feel, where your feet dissapear under the screen.
Fir vest, it's Emerates or Quatar
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
After our UC Virgin trip last month I have come to the conclusion that Aer Lingus business beats both VS and BA bu quite a way. Except for one thing - the Virgin Clubhouse.
But overall we would choose AL over both VS/BA.

So glad to hear this. Hoping to get AL business for my flight next November.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Virgin UC is good but it is really a business class experience and not even the best business class, having to get up when you’re sleepy to convert your seat to a bed is a right royal pain and whoever thought that this was a good idea wants shooting imo. The cabin crew are usually fab though and in my experience better than BA.
BA business class is fine but having to clamber over someone else’s legs to get to the toilets could be embarrassing if it’s not your nearest and dearest.

Have recently been lucky enough to experience Singapore business class and nobody else comes close. We’ve done Cathay and Swiss also recently and they were ok, but Singapore beats them all. They too have an annoying ‘get up to convert the bed’ thing (which is being phased out thankfully) but there are so many cabin crew that it’s done in less than a minute - or while you nip to the loo!

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

Etihad business was excellent especially on the A380, was still really good on the A330 as well though.

Virgin Upper Class on the 747 is also very good although I prefer to be in the front of the plane instead of the upper deck.

BA Club World was very Meh! and I won't be rushing back there.

So, if all things were equal and I was going to MCO then that would rule out Etihad. Without hesitation I would choose Virgin Atlantic. I think the service is better in Virgin Atlantic compared to BA as I've never had bad service on Virgin but I've experienced bad service (and food) on BA.
Fra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

BA Club on the A350...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fra View Post
Etihad business was excellent especially on the A380, was still really good on the A330 as well though.

Virgin Upper Class on the 747 is also very good although I prefer to be in the front of the plane instead of the upper deck.

BA Club World was very Meh! and I won't be rushing back there.

So, if all things were equal and I was going to MCO then that would rule out Etihad. Without hesitation I would choose Virgin Atlantic. I think the service is better in Virgin Atlantic compared to BA as I've never had bad service on Virgin but I've experienced bad service (and food) on BA.
Hi Fra, I like that threads of this calibre produce differing opinions and experience. We're VA travellers due to their PE product (sadly that'll be ending soon tho due to new aircraft/refits of existing fleet) but had appalling UC food on our May 2017 flight to the UK. Crew, as always, were canny but UC food was totally inedible. I opted for steak, the US chef had used boot sole, all returned, as we'd been served last there was absolutely nothing to eat, crew admitted they'd tried to cut the steak and given up! Hubs given seared tuna that was still frozen solid, back it went. Water for tea/coffee was, at best, tepid for the whole journey, so no hot drinks. I wonder if there was a problem heating UC ovens on that flight. Had some grotty airline food over the years, and whilst our UC meal was by far the worst we're still VA travellers, but carry a Boots Meal Deal, even when in UC
Old 5 Jul 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
BA for me, I love the ones by the window (even though you’re ‘backwards’!) as it feels so private. However, I was lucky enough to fly business class on Emirates to Dubai a couple of years back and that was an amazing experience that, in my opinion, knocked socks off BA!

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
BA for me, I love the ones by the window (even though you’re ‘backwards’!) as it feels so private. However, I was lucky enough to fly business class on Emirates to Dubai a couple of years back and that was an amazing experience that, in my opinion, knocked socks off BA!
I like those backward seats, especially at the bulkhead end so I don’t have to climb over someone’s legs. Ideal for me travelling solo.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Those of you who aren’t keen on BA Club World, I’d like to know what it is specifically that you prefer in VA Upper Class or other airlines to Florida (ie indirect).

I might be tempted away from BA !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List