Notices

Old 15 Sep 18, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Just catching up ... had a busy couple of weeks . Glad you kept the secret !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Just catching up ... had a busy couple of weeks . Glad you kept the secret !
Ah, I have kind of failed on that now as I was guilted into spilling the beans

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

4 days to go!

Just a quick update…

I’ve stuck with the Santa Fe hotel. There are a couple of reasons for this…
  • I’d like to try a variety of hotels near DLP and if I start with the most basic then I can’t be underwhelmed in future
  • Chris doesn't like the value resorts, so this is my opportunity to stay in one
  • The cars theme is cute
  • On Site means I can use the Express Luggage service
  • I can save the extra I would have spent upgrading to Cheyenne on a nice present for myself… Pandora jewellery is calling. Anyone know if they have DLP specific charms?

I bowed to pressure and told the Boyfriend that I am going. My mum said that it’s not nice to keep secrets and I should tell him, so then I felt bad and ended up blurting out what I was doing yesterday night.
He didn’t mind but did say he thought it was a bit weird that I was going alone.
I did point out that not only do lots of people travel alone but also that I wouldn’t be going alone if he had been willing to go with me sometime rather than just judging DLP on what his boss (who went about 4 years ago) said.

He did semi agree to maybe going with me in the future though, so that’s a bit of a bonus.

After going to WDW last year, it feels very odd not to have anything planned or booked. Even when we go away for weekends together we usually make a reservation for dinner, at least for our first night.
I’m such a planner this is a bit unsettling!

I haven’t booked any table service meals as I wasn’t sure I would like eating in a formal restaurant on my own. When I’m by myself for work I usually sit up at the bar, but not sure if they offer that at DLP so am just going to go quick service, snacks and take full advantage of the food festival

I do have a rough agenda though… here goes…

Day 1

11:00 – Leave home. Tube or Uber to the station
11:55 – Arrive Kings Cross St Pancras
12:58 – Eurostar from Kings Cross St Pancreas to Lille Europe
15:54 – Change trains at Lille Europe
17:07 – Arrive at Disneyland Paris, Express Luggage check in & head into Disneyland Parc
17:45 - Depending on how I’m doing for time, I’ll enter into main Street and see the parade (it starts at 17:30).
Then explore Disneyland Parc for the rest of the day. Depending on queues/weather, I would like to do the Mountains and Pirates of the Caribbean. I also quite fancy some Hakuna Fries!
20:00 – Fireworks time!
20:30 – Park closes, perhaps pop into the Disneyland Hotel for a Glowtini then check out the shops in Disney Village
Back to the hotel, check in, collect luggage and zzzzzzzz

Day 2

07:30 - Up bright and early
08:30 - EMH at Disney Studios, hoping to get on Crush’s Coaster, Raratouille, Aerosmith and Tower of Terror, or at least get Fastpasses for later
11:00 – There’s a reason I skipped breakfast. Going to hit the Rendez-Vous Gormande Food Festival in the studios for a sort of brunch. The raclette sandwich, pastries and other goodies are calling!
After this I will probably try to see a show or two, depending what the timings are. Try and do some more rides if the queues aren’t terrible.
The Studios is having a hard ticket Disney Loves Jazz event that evening, and as Cazzius most certainly does NOT love jazz, so I’m heading to the castle park again for the evening totry to meet some characters, have a wander, soak up the atmosphere, catch the parade if I missed it the day before and jump on some more rides. I’m a bit gutted that Phantom Manor is closed, but you can’t have it all! Good excuse to go back!
19:15– due to be sunset around 19:30, so I thought I would do the maze and maybe try to get some good photos from the tower. Of course, if it’s pouring with rain this will change!
Next, some more rides and I am thinking perhaps some shopping around Main Street. I am undecided for dinner as it depends how full I am from the food festival. Maybe Casey’s on Main Street, any counter service tips?
Fireworks time!
22:00 - Park closes, head back to Santa Fe, maybe have a drink in the bar and head to bed

Day 3

08:00 – Check out hotel, give luggage over to Express luggage, early start at the parks for EMH.
08:30 – EMH, but not decided which park to do yet. I guess it depends which has the most things I haven’t done yet. Probably Disneyland Parc as I might be able to get some photos of it less busy. We will see how it goes
12:00 - Hop to the studios, maybe food festival snacks for brunch – unless anyone has a top QS tip that I can’t miss?
OR
Bit of shopping in Disney Village if I didn’t manage it already, maybe lunch if nothing at the festival took my fancy
14:40 – Check in for the Eurostar back to the UK
15:54 – Eurostar home. Direct for the route back, straight into Kings Cross St Pancras.
18:47 – Arrive back in London. This is where I have good intentions to just get the tube home, but will probably be totally lazy and get an Uber.

Lots of maybes and perhapses in that plan, but I’m kind of hoping to go with the flow. No dinner reservations and only having to think of what I want and when I want it will hopefully mean this works well.

Few questions
Are Mickey pretzels available at DLP
Any QS recommendations?
Any QS that I should AVOID?
Anyone got a good parade/firework spot that they would like to share?
Any rough idea how long it takes from the parade starting for it to reach Main St?

So that is it really, 3 more sleeps, 3 more get ups and I will be on my way!

Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

3 more sleeps?! Wow that has flown over, afraid I can't help with advice as we haven't been to DLP but I can't wait to follow your plans.

Good news that DH seems to be softening ... if he doesn't try it for himself he'll never know! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I'm sure he listens to you more than his boss so it's all good.

I had exactly the same thought about The hotels , we started with Santa Fe, then Cheyenne, then Newport and the Woodsy one (sorry still got jetlag brain can't raise the name of it)

Edited at 12:51 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DevonPumpkin
Earning More Ears

That has come round so quickly, you must be getting really excited now! Glad you managed to decide on a hotel, I'm sure you'll be glad that you picked on-site. No tips as I'm not going until November and my first trip was too long ago!
DevonPumpkin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello!

Day 1 - Eurostar and Parc Disneyland is now available here

Old 8 Oct 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
3 more sleeps?! Wow that has flown over, afraid I can't help with advice as we haven't been to DLP but I can't wait to follow your plans.

Good news that DH seems to be softening ... if he doesn't try it for himself he'll never know! Xx
Spoilers - but I think the fact I was WhatsApping him photos of all the fun I was having while he was just in a pub in Berlin might have persuaded him to give DLP a try. Whoop!

Old 8 Oct 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I'm sure he listens to you more than his boss so it's all good.

I had exactly the same thought about The hotels , we started with Santa Fe, then Cheyenne, then Newport and the Woodsy one (sorry still got jetlag brain can't raise the name of it)
Great minds think alike!
I thought if I started at the bottom of the hotels there would always be room for me to work my way up

Hope you had a great trip, fingers crossed that we get to hear all about it!

Old 8 Oct 18, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DevonPumpkin View Post
That has come round so quickly, you must be getting really excited now! Glad you managed to decide on a hotel, I'm sure you'll be glad that you picked on-site. No tips as I'm not going until November and my first trip was too long ago!
Thanks for reading
Hope your plans for your November trip are all going well. It's only 1 month away!