Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Mar 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

The breakfast bowl looks really nice as does your crepe. Nice to see a cocktail but a shame it was weak.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Bob Evans is such great value, I love that you can have a savoury breakfast and dessert breakfast

A weak cocktail in the US? That is really unfortunate- I have everything crossed that it improves for your next cocktails
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no I missed the start looks like some great food so far. The double gin and tonic really started the holiday off on the right foot

Yummy Bob Evans breakfast, steak for dinner, what's not to like

I'm looking forward to reading all about it. Hope you're having/had a good trip. Not sure if you're still there or if you're back already.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Not been to Texas Roadhouse yet., it's on my list. Food looks nice. Is the steak seasoned? I find Longhorns seem to over season them the last couple of times I have been there. Time to to try Texas Roadhouse
I didn’t find the steak over seasoned. It’s the second time we have tried one of these and both visits have been excellent.

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Perfect start to the day with a Bob Evans breakfast. Not sure why I’ve never seen the breakfast bowl before... it looks so good. All the food at Texas Roadhouse looks nice, and that really is a good price for 4 steaks. Shame your cocktail was a bit weak though.
Bob is so dependably great isn’t it Yes the cocktail was a bit watery .. too much ice I think .

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Have a lovely week Amanda! Hope the cocktail count increases and the food remains delicious!
Thank you

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
The breakfast bowl looks really nice as does your crepe. Nice to see a cocktail but a shame it was weak.
I have now improved on the cocktails

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Bob Evans is such great value, I love that you can have a savoury breakfast and dessert breakfast

A weak cocktail in the US? That is really unfortunate- I have everything crossed that it improves for your next cocktails
Ha ha, at least on separate plates
I can report cocktail improvements ahead

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh no I missed the start looks like some great food so far. The double gin and tonic really started the holiday off on the right foot

Yummy Bob Evans breakfast, steak for dinner, what's not to like

I'm looking forward to reading all about it. Hope you're having/had a good trip. Not sure if you're still there or if you're back already.
Hello :wavey Having a great trip. Weather is a bit cooler but still warmer than home. All good so far
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ikea Jacksonville

Before we set off we had a “ pre breakfast” as we’d been up blinking hours. Andy had the leftover pizza while I tackled the cheesecake from yesterday

Ok, Ikea - not your typical Florida holiday destination. IG’ers will have pegged why

Is this a Dibb first? An Ikea breakfast in a food trippy?

We were here at opening. For 20 minutes we had the entire store to ourselves. This is actually the stuff of dreams

Good to see some things don’t change

The lady serving was completely bewildered by why I was taking food pics

We had a small and medium breakfast .. the medium comes with a lingonberry crepe

Andy had his UK Ikea card .. so our coffees were free

WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Houligan’s Sports Bar

Conveniently located next to Home Depot, we had a quick stop here after a hard day shopping in the St Augustine Outlets

Andy had got me these hand made salted caramel squares at the stores . Ooof they were gorgeous

On to Houligan’s, which was very busy so taking pics a bit tricky. This was the only empty section in the place.

It was definitely Mule time

We shared a munchie basket

We didn’t need dinner in the end.. this was more filling than we expected
Old 7 Mar 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

I don’t recall seeing an Ikea in a food report before so I bet you are the first-congratulations! No wonder the lady serving was confused- maybe she was worried you were a food inspector 😂 Hope you got what you needed 😉
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love that we are seeing a bit of IKEA too, I didn’t realise they even did breakfasts I’ve only had the obligatory meatballs and dine bar cake! Pleased to see you are mixing it up with the cocktails!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Love a trip to IKEA. They’re all so far away from us that we find them a novelty still 🙄. The breakfast looks alright - never say no to a free coffee!

Those salted caramel squares look very yummy. And the munchie basket is fab - 3 nice snacks all in one place - win! A well deserved mule after all of your shopping.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I love it - breakfast cheesecake a good ikea breakfast and those salted caramel squares look delicious!

The bar snacks look lovely and fried, a perfect accompaniment to your mule. Good to see your cocktails are improving
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List