Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Mar 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

a question ...just for fun :)

It's still only march and I really dont like this year and DW and I were discussing if we could swap it out for a year we would already had which wine would it be and why ?

Mine would be 2019...it was amazing year. We had a holiday in florida and also Wales. We planned and had our wedding and most of the close family were in good health.

We didn't run out of toilet roll and could go out when we wanted!

Forget the fact that we would have to relive 2020 again

Come on - join in

Edited at 08:01 AM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

1985 Torquay, the first holiday we could afford, no need to worry about money and how we spent it or what on, fantastic hotel who really looked after us and the weather was just brilliant everyday, continually walked from Torquay to Paington, just magic. Wine was blue nun but not now.

Edited at 08:27 AM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Luckily I have many to chose from so blessed but at this time, and where we are today, May 1st 2019, myself my daughter and grandson set off for Walt Disney world for my grandson first trip there.

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
It's still only march and I really dont like this year and DW and I were discussing if we could swap it out for a year we would already had which wine would it be and why ?

Mine would be 2019...it was amazing year. We had a holiday in florida and also Wales. We planned and had our wedding and most of the close family were in good health.

We didn't run out of toilet roll and could go out when we wanted!

Forget the fact that we would have to relive 2020 again

Come on - join in
Oooh hard choice, between 81 and 82...

1981 - it was an outstanding year of firsts for me. First time I saw the Northern Lights in Norway, first trip to America (and Disney), first trip to the Caribbean , lots of weekends in London with a summer that Soft Cells “Tainted Love” takes me right back to ... all in all a fantastic year ... one of many but this one stands out as being 20 and let loose in America was really quite an experience ...

Not sure which wine I was drinking then it was probably Gin and Tonic (didnt discover Jack Daniels until Dubai)
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

First ski-ing holiday 1980 . Stayed in Seefeld. It is a magical snowy place. We loved the ski lessons and all managed the beginners medal by the end of the week. Was the first time we had been in a pool where you could swim from inside the pool to outside. Was amazing sitting in the pool outside with snow all around. We walked round the pretty village every night finishing. with a bratwurst and fries , never been able to find ones that tastes so good.
Took the train down to Innsbruk a lovely town with any quaint streets and lovely architecture. In typical 10yr old manner DS remembers it for having a double filet o' fish.
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
First ski-ing holiday 1980 . Stayed in Seefeld. It is a magical snowy place. We loved the ski lessons and all managed the beginners medal by the end of the week. Was the first time we had been in a pool where you could swim from inside the pool to outside. Was amazing sitting in the pool outside with snow all around. We walked round the pretty village every night finishing. with a bratwurst and fries , never been able to find ones that tastes so good.
Took the train down to Innsbruk a lovely town with any quaint streets and lovely architecture. In typical 10yr old manner DS remembers it for having a double filet o' fish.
I read the first bit of your thread too quickly and thought you said "sellafield... which I wouldnt describe as magical under any circumstances !
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
1985 Torquay, the first holiday we could afford, no need to worry about money and how we spent it or what on, fantastic hotel who really looked after us and the weather was just brilliant everyday, continually walked from Torquay to Paington, just magic. Wine was blue nun but not now.
Labboy I was there in 76, stayed in Beverley Park caravan park in Paignton. I agree when the weather is fine (which it was in 76) it’s a lovely place to holiday.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I read the first bit of your thread too quickly and thought you said "sellafield... which I wouldnt describe as magical under any circumstances !
Definitely not, the outdoor swimming pool might have an interesting glow at night though!
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

2011 when DD came into the world fit and healthy without any sign of the suspected Water on the brain.😁♥️😁♥️

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

September 2018. I'd survived a heart attack, double bypass and post-operative infection earlier that year. We celebrated as a family with 3 nights at Portofino Bay and 11 nights in a lovely house on Bay Isle. My overriding memories are of how close we felt as a family group and how grateful I felt to them for their love and support.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List