Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

What can we do / what would you do? (Just spoke to charter travel)

I need some advice because i am feeling rather overwhelmed at the moment. We are due to fly 8th July. I am 99% sure this is not going to happen?
We are 100% going next year 2021 (nothing booked)

For this July we have;
Paid flights in full with virgin £4100 paid on CC

Deposit for disney hotel, free dining & tickets via charter travel £550

Paid in full for Universal Annual passes (not been activated yet) paid about £1800

Paid in full for Discovery Cove, swim with dolphins paid around £1500

Villa deposit £500

So we have paid are large amount of money for this big trip (no holiday last year)
I do not know where to start or what to do so please help?

Do we leave it, pay balance and claim if everything back if we cant go?
If the parks are closed we do not want to go.
Or can we cancel now?
If so can we get our money back?

I am thinking we will totally loose our deposits for villa & Disney hotel ? Losing around a grand?

What about the flights, DC tickets & annual passes?

Thank you and sorry for my rambling

Edited at 05:18 PM.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
First off DO NOT pay the balance if you are not going, this isn't covered by your Insurance as you are already aware that you may not go IYKWIM, think of it like a pre-existing condition. I know BA are issuing "vouchers" so assume that Virgin would be similar, do not cancel until they have confirmed that your flight isn't going or you could lose that money!
US AP is still valid as it doesn't activate until through turnstiles for first time, they have just notified AP holders that they will be extending our AP by the number of days that they are closed, which is good news for our Sept trip if we go I'd contact DC to see your options.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you.
I assume i need to get in touch with the villa owner & charter travel regarding the balances?
They are both due 10 weeks prior to travel.
But if i dont pay the balance and the holiday goes ahead we will loose our accommodation?
I am guessing we can only get vouchers or money back from flights if the flight is cancelled?

Or can we decide right now to cancel and get our money back from the flight?

Sorry again
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are in exactly the same situation.
Our concern is the villa we have booked and Legoland hotel package.
AnnaMaria villa £1200 (£600 pre paid).
Legoland £1400 (£700 pre paid).

Both payments aren't classed as deposits on the paperwork. They both state that the remaining payment will be taken on the agreed date (90 days before arrival).
Want to know if we can cancel the payment through our credit card before they try to take it?

Flights pre paid (£1500) may be refundable if the flights are cancelled over the next few months.
Disney is only a £200 deposit.
Hotel through virgin (£500) maybe claimable on insurance if flight is cancelled.
Park tickets pre paid (£800) maybe be claimable through insurance if flight is cancelled.

What we don't want to do is pay out another £7k when we fully expect not to be going and are happy to cancel this year.
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I know BA are issuing vouchers now, not sure how far in advance, my sister's were due to fly to Mexico in May & have already used this option. I believe that cancellations take place at 30 days in which case I'd expect a refund
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband rang Charter Travel who we have booked the disney hotel with.
We have been told that our balance is due on the 10th April £5k

Options are, cancel now and loose deposit.
Pay balance and hope for some miracle that the holiday goes ahead
Or pay balance and if flights etc are cancelled claim or move the holiday to next year.

Its only 11 days away. I am scared to pay out another five thousand on the extreme thin chance we will be able to go.

I just do not know what to do!
Old 30 Mar 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post

Or pay balance and if flights etc are cancelled claim or move the holiday to next year.

Its only 11 days away. I am scared to pay out another five thousand on the extreme thin chance we will be able to go.

Would a chat to your holiday insurance provider be any use?

Good luck with it all. Nightmare for everyone.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
coulty47
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post

Disney have already said anyone booked up to end of June will get their deposit back if they want to cancel. I should have paid the rest of our holiday last week but didnt want to pay more money out , so I e mailed Disney and canceled the holiday and they said my deposit will be in my bank this week. My flights are paid for with TUI so will just have to wait until they cancel then should get a refund.
coulty47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I cant help I am afraid, we have a large balance to pay to Disney in April as well but we have paid our flights in full separately and if the flights go and we dont pay Disney we will be left trying to book alternative accomodation and tickets and no free dining. I am getting stressed about paying so much money out next month though.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by coulty47 View Post
Disney have already said anyone booked up to end of June will get their deposit back if they want to cancel. I should have paid the rest of our holiday last week but didnt want to pay more money out , so I e mailed Disney and canceled the holiday and they said my deposit will be in my bank this week. My flights are paid for with TUI so will just have to wait until they cancel then should get a refund.
Unfortunately charter travel are not offering to give the deposit back.