Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 Mar 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Pushing Points Forward To Avoid Expiration.

This will only apply to those with 2 or more Bookings.

It is worth checking each one to see which Use Years Points are being used. For example I would have lost 6 Points from a May stay if I had left it as it was.

Now it's only 6 Points but I rang Member Services and got them to move them to another stay and back fill with ones that wont expire.
Now it may transpire I lose our May vacation (301 Points) but if I do I can still Bank them up until the end of July.

Worth a bit of juggling.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not quite the same but we have a March use year and I’ve already banked our 2020 points as we won’t use them in this use year.
Lizzim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I may give them a call, I have an April Use year, think I banked points from year previous to make the reservation in May, I am unsure how much of the points I will loose
Old 30 Mar 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I may give them a call, I have an April Use year, think I banked points from year previous to make the reservation in May, I am unsure how much of the points I will loose
I was dreading the call albeit knew my exposure was limited as we only have 50 Points for an Aug use year, the rest are December.
The Lady I spoke to was excellent albeit busy. She spotted the risky Points immediately.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Not quite the same but we have a March use year and I’ve already banked our 2020 points as we won’t use them in this use year.
I have a February use year and have also banked my 2020 points as well
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
This will only apply to those with 2 or more Bookings.

It is worth checking each one to see which Use Years Points are being used. For example I would have lost 6 Points from a May stay if I had left it as it was.

Now it's only 6 Points but I rang Member Services and got them to move them to another stay and back fill with ones that wont expire.
Now it may transpire I lose our May vacation (301 Points) but if I do I can still Bank them up until the end of July.

Worth a bit of juggling.
I have 66 2018 banked points (June use year) from the reservation 14/3 cancelled. I think my only option is to put into RCI but need to call them and haven’t yet as it says they will only talk to you if you have a reservation in March . Thanks for posting , now I know they have helped you I will give them a call after work 😃
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

FMOL196 I called DVC last Friday re our now cancelled Easter stay that was due to start on 5/4. We had to put the 2018 points into RCI in multiples of 10 only, or just lose them. So they’re in RCI now, and when things have calmed down a bit I’ll work out how best to use them?!
We managed to bank the 2019 points but we have an August UY. We were also able to unborrow the August 2020 UY points we’d used.
Definitely worth a call to DVC and good luck.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Cheers for this.

I've got some point juggling to do, I have 185 banked points from 2018 that I've used but as I have cancelled and rebooked stuff it seems some of the 2018 points have not been reused to book for later this year.

A call to DVC will for forthcoming.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
This is a really useful reminder for people, thanks!

In my own case I have 134 points banked that I need to use before December. They were originally for my April trip but I've managed to juggle them to September now.

I managed to do it online so saved myself some time calling MS.

Just have to hope that trip goes ahead now!
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
FMOL196 I called DVC last Friday re our now cancelled Easter stay that was due to start on 5/4. We had to put the 2018 points into RCI in multiples of 10 only, or just lose them. So they’re in RCI now, and when things have calmed down a bit I’ll work out how best to use them?!
We managed to bank the 2019 points but we have an August UY. We were also able to unborrow the August 2020 UY points we’d used.
Definitely worth a call to DVC and good luck.
Thanks that’s really helpful - I will give them a call