Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Mar 17, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Fastpasses

Our fast pass day is creeping up and I'm freaking out just like I did about ADRS
How difficult is it to secure what you want at rough times you want? Is availability really as bad as I've heard? Is it easy to do on mde app as I'll be at work? What UK time can I book them from? Any other first timer tips greatly appreciated
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Firstly bear in mind you have the jump on a lot of other people as you are booking at 60 days out instead of 30 days - huge difference!
Also as you get the extra 10 days available on your first booking day that is even more of a bonus.

I have never failed to get what I want on every occassion we go and I did this for our April trip and will also be doing it for our August trip.
All I do is sketch out a quick plan which actually never changes and just plough away. I grab available times then when the first set of FP's are done I go back and tweak everything by dragging the times to what I want. This will be the same for us in late April when it's adults and also August when we take a Grandchild so will opt for more child friendly rides/meets etc

You can book your FP's at 11.00am online once our clocks change this Sunday albeit it's not that time at the moment as the States changed before us.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by vixabelle View Post
Our fast pass day is creeping up and I'm freaking out just like I did about ADRS
How difficult is it to secure what you want at rough times you want? Is availability really as bad as I've heard? Is it easy to do on mde app as I'll be at work? What UK time can I book them from? Any other first timer tips greatly appreciated
I spent my lunchtime at work making my bookings. I worked through every day in exactly the order I had planned the rides and had no trouble whatsoever. For another week or so, I had no trouble shifting things about ever so slightly, now I have noticed the availability is starting to dry up for the popular rides. But at 60 days, no problem whatseover.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I also did most of mine on work days. I got everything I wanted except 7DMT but have now got that as MK has extra magic hours on our day. We are off site so could only book 30 days out so you should have no trouble getting what you want at times you want. Like Mr T says have a list of what you want and what times. Try to work them going round the park so you are not criss crossing to save on tired feet

If you are going to MK more than once think about doing the park in sections. We are going twice and only doing Adventureland and Frontierland on one trip, then Fantasy and Tomorrowland on the other.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
S'mE
Excited about Disney

Mobile

30 days out just this minute booked 6 SDM ride, Peter Pan, Aladdin's carpets + more, all before lunch.The fastpasses are there, don't panic.
S'mE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
leahamy
Excited about Disney

Used FP+ for the first time for September 2015, going again this September, and was off-site so had 30 day window. Managed to book everything we wanted but did find a lot of the times initially allocated were late afternoon / evening, which was a concern with 11 month old Grandson being tired. Accepted the times offered then went back in and was able to alter them to more acceptable times so, don't panic - especially with the 60 day window. Happy planning.
leahamy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by vixabelle View Post
If you're staying onsite and booking fastpasses 60 days beforehand then you will have no problems. Everything will be available.

Even offsite folks booking 30 days beforehand will generally have no problems booking fastpasses for the vast majority of rides. There are only around 3 attractions they may struggle to get (eg. 7DMT, Frozen Ever After, Rivers of Light). The rest are usually available.

Even if you wait and book the night beforehand, you'll find most of the rides are still available.

So, as an example, let's take Easter Sunday (16th April). It's only 27 days away and is usually fairly busy. The only attraction that is not available on that day is Frozen Ever After. Most of the other rides have plenty of availability. There are even a few fastpasses available for 7DMT, albeit with limited time slots.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
alanm
Serious Dibber

I'm at the 60 day mark for Disney today, all attractions & times were available for fastpass+ at 11am, booked all we wanted at times we wanted
alanm is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Thank goodness the feedback is that you can still pretty much get what you want a few days in. My fastpass day is the day after my anniversary/husbands birthday and we will be at a Friday brunch in Abu Dhabi
I'm mostly just interested in getting some fp's cause I can, it won't make too much difference to us if we don't.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List