Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hire a horse and carriage ride at POR and sneak in a bottle of champagne. Very romantic. Very private.
Old 1 Mar 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
princess1706
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Hire a horse and carriage ride at POR and sneak in a bottle of champagne. Very romantic. Very private.
This idea gets my vote
princess1706 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Does your partner have a favourite park, ride, character?
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlzey89
Looking for my Ears

Mobile

I proposed in DLP last year and was similarly confused as to how and where. They were asking for hundreds to help make it anywhere remotely romantic.

After a lot of thought, I ended up doing it at the 'Meet Mickey' character interaction. It had the photopass photographers, only a few other people in the room who were having a sneaky peak (and cry) around the curtain and, of course, Mickey Mouse - who was brilliant. She confirmed afterwards that it was the absolute perfect way to do it afterwards and would have hated it being any more public than it was.

It's not traditionally super romantic, I know, but she loves Disney, loves Mickey Mouse and it allowed us those really special photos of it happening, with just us two and Mickey. We then went to do celebratory photos in front of the castle etc afterwards when we could get them at the perfect times - and without the pressure for me to try and get her to a certain place at a certain time.
Charlzey89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Suffolk dad
Very Serious Dibber

Space Mountain, all day long.

Time it right and you’ll get a photo to mark the occasion...
Suffolk dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Just before the drop on tower of terror - how can anyone think of anywhere else ?
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Getting Excited

If it was me ( and im hoping it will be soon!)

I would either want in front of the castle or with one of my fav character meet and greets. or character dining experience?

its all a bit cliché but if it was me that's what I would want!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrew & Chris
Getting Excited

Mobile

Our son in law proposed to our daughter by the tree of Life at Animal kingdom
Andrew & Chris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The gardens on the right at the top of main street can be quiet if you time it right and often have a photographer around, plus the castle is in the background.

The photo op in the middle of town square would have been lovely when it was all set up for Halloween as the castle was in the background but there wasn't a character.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sharooki
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

My Neice was proposed to at Discovery Cove. A dolphin bought a buoy to her with “will you marry me on it. Then they took us to a cabana where the engagement ring was presented in a treasure chest. It was a fantastic day.

sharooki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List