Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Sep 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney FP help please

Hi everyone, im a bit out of touch with this and cant remember, so can anyone please kindly assist me?

We have activated our Disney 14 day tickets online using the code on the back of the card, so now wish to book some FP's for our trip...…

Firstly does it matter what day we begin them/date we choose in the future in comparison to when we walk through the gate and activate their first day? Finding this quite complicated.

So say for example we pick HS on Sept 30th and we haven't been through the barriers yet, does the system still allow me to book a FP for that day and assumes this is the day we walk into HS and activate our day 1 of 14? Please say they only start when I first walk in, not when I activated the cards online.

Finally, (I really appreciate the help) say I book 3 FP's a day for HS, can I then only have those 3 FP's for that day ONLY, could I select another day and book another 3 for HS in a future date also?

Thanks for all your help/assistance.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Your tickets don't activate until the first time you use them to enter a park, so go ahead and book your fastpasses without worrying.

You can book 3 per park per day in advance. You could book for Hollywood studios every day if you wanted - that's fine.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jessandjon2005 View Post
Finally, (I really appreciate the help) say I book 3 FP's a day for HS, can I then only have those 3 FP's for that day ONLY, could I select another day and book another 3 for HS in a future date also?

Thanks for all your help/assistance.
Yes absolutely you can book FP in a park more than once. It would be a bit of a waste otherwise as a lot of us go for two weeks and there are only four parks, so would have ten days with no pre-booked FP if it were not possible.

I didn't understand the first part of your question, we usually stay on site and I think it can work differently.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Yes absolutely you can book FP in a park more than once. It would be a bit of a waste otherwise as a lot of us go for two weeks and there are only four parks, so would have ten days with no pre-booked FP if it were not possible.

I didn't understand the first part of your question, we usually stay on site and I think it can work differently.
Sorry, what I meant was...…

If I haven't entered a park yet and activated my 14 day pass, why does the system allow me to book any day in the future when it doesn't know when im coming (do you get what I mean)

I'm arriving at Disney on 30th Sept, so what could stop others arriving on the same date and booking up Oct/Nov etc and taking up FP's they may not use for the heck of it.

Does that make sense?
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You can only book your FP 30 days in advance if staying offsite, so you can't really book any date in the fututre?

Those staying onsite can book FP 60 days in advance (so October/Nov), however they are attached to a hotel reservation so very likely to turn up. So they won't be using them up for the heck of it.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

BTW, does anyone have a list of Disney's FP tiers and what you can/cannot book on the same day?

Only reason I ask is because I was under the understanding that TOT and RR are in the same tier, but just booked a FP for R&R and now it wont allow TOT, has this changed recently?
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bex85chelt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

You can only book fast passes for 14 days so no one will be booking them for days they aren't going to be in Disney. Your ticket is open for the whole year so you can use it anytime and you just booked your fps accordingly. Hope that makes sense
bex85chelt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

BTW, does anyone have a list of Disney's FP tiers and what you can/cannot book on the same day?

Only reason I ask is because I was under the understanding that TOT and RR are in the same tier, but just booked a FP for R&R and now it wont allow TOT, has this changed recently?
No tiers at MK.

At Epcot you have to choose between Frozen, Test Track and Soarin as these are tier 1, everything else tier 2.

At Animal Kingdom, FOP and Na'vi River are both tier 1 so you can only do one of those.

At HS all rides are now tier 1 other than Star Tours, so this is why you cannot book ToT and RnR coaster.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fleurlur
Getting Excited

If they're in the same tier you can only book one or the other. That's why it wont allow you to book TOT.
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
No tiers at MK.

At Epcot you have to choose between Frozen, Test Track and Soarin as these are tier 1, everything else tier 2.

At Animal Kingdom, FOP and Na'vi River are both tier 1 so you can only do one of those.

At HS all rides are now tier 1 other than Star Tours, so this is why you cannot book ToT and RnR coaster.
OH, I see.

So TOT and RNR are now both tier 1 and not tier 2 anymore?

When did this change then as that's ridiculous?

Only 1 out of the 2, seriously?