Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Personally I just buy a SIM card then when we over there we can make as many calls as we like with no problem.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Personally I just buy a SIM card then when we over there we can make as many calls as we like with no problem.

What sim card? Bought from where?
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bosshogg View Post
What sim card? Bought from where?
I always buy h2o cards from ebay or amazon when we have US ones. You can buy a T mobile tourist sim though from the shops in the malls when you get there.

It's also possible to buy a (virtual) Esim from t mobile if your phone is capable and set it up before you go.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I always buy h2o cards from ebay or amazon when we have US ones. You can buy a T mobile tourist sim though from the shops in the malls when you get there.

It's also possible to buy a (virtual) Esim from t mobile if your phone is capable and set it up before you go.
Great cheers.
I'm interested in maybe going down the esim t mobile route this time ( jebus permitting we get there in October) just to try a local sim out.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bosshogg View Post
Great cheers.
I'm interested in maybe going down the esim t mobile route this time ( jebus permitting we get there in October) just to try a local sim out.
Details here when you're ready

t-mobile/support/pla...obile-esim-app

And these are the plans available

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

US data plans are generally more expensive than in the UK as demonstrated there.

Cheaper to get a UK SIM. If you do need to make many US calls them use a UK to US service.

Calls / messages over services like WhatsApp between members of the holidaying group mean no charges.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m with Vodafone and had global roaming included in my price plan, as does my daughter. My dh just adds it to his whenever we go and my son hotspots off one of our phone aswell all have a lot of data!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
US data plans are generally more expensive than in the UK as demonstrated there.

Cheaper to get a UK SIM. If you do need to make many US calls them use a UK to US service.

Calls / messages over services like WhatsApp between members of the holidaying group mean no charges.
Yes, definitely. As I said above, worst case it should not cost you more than a tenner for enough ( circa 4gb +) data over a 2 week break whatever way you do it.
Plenty free options too for USA calls.

I personally am not to worried about the US sim cost, just interested in trying something different. ( used 3, o2 and ee previously. Last century even had a sat phone with work &#128513
Old 23 Jan 21, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mark64uk
Serious Dibber

All my trips ive always used a three PAYGO sim card top it up few days before with £20 will last 30 days, ive moved to EE now so will be using the £10 monthly bolt on from now on.
Mark64uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dazzabird
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
My phone has a dual sim capability, so I can just put a second sim in with US roaming and set it to use that sim for all data.

Useful feature if you are not with a provider who is US friendly and mid contract.
That’s a good idea... last time I went I bought the ‘T mobile’ visitor plan...but had to keep swapping sims as my phone at the time was single sim.
dazzabird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List