Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Jan 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Kefalonia holidays Skala?

Hi I was just about to book a holiday to Skala Kefalonia, always wanted to visit a few Greek islands and have only been to Corfu. I wanted a holiday to Lassi but can’t find a hotel I like, anyone been can tell me what it’s like? Thanks xx
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Hi I was just about to book a holiday to Skala Kefalonia, always wanted to visit a few Greek islands and have only been to Corfu. I wanted a holiday to Lassi but can’t find a hotel I like, anyone been can tell me what it’s like? Thanks xx
I think because we stayed in Katelios which is the small village next door we really didn't like it. It is big brash and touristy. Katelios has nothing but beach and tavernas, no night life etc except evening meals at said beachfront tavernas which last all night in typical Greek manner. Not even pretty really but something draws us back. It is a beautifully island with some lovely places to visit especially Fiskardo which is worth checking.
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

We stayed in lassi twice it was lovely, I think we stayed in an aparthotel but it was probably 20 years + ago, I expect it’s changed so much now

Just found it, it was the lassi hotel

Edited at 08:37 PM. Reason: More info
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in lassi at the hotel Lorenzo... it was lovely and I would recommend
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Has anyone been or stayed in Skala?
Old 24 Jan 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mlbolger
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, we stayed in Skala and totally loved it. In fact my now hubby proposed to me there. However that was nearly 20 years ago so sure it will be much busier now than it was. X

Oct04 Villa Hampton Lakes, Nov05 QII Int Drive
Feb 08, Nov 09, Nov 10 Villa Emerald Isles
Oct 12 Disney Beach Club
Nov 13 Carribean Beach
Nov 15 Wilderness Lodge
mlbolger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

In laws went last year and are going back this year.

I went on an educational 19 years ago 😳😳😳 and loved it.

The in-laws went on my recommendation and loved it

Xx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I stayed in Lassi last year but went to skala. Smallish main square but large sprawl of tavernas available. Prices more reasonable away from the sea. It's not club 18-30 rowdy, it's just people (mainly Brits) having a good time. Lots of families.

Beach is good but largish silica bits rather than fine sand. Beach gets v hot. Take water shoes.

We had car, but have also used bus from argostoli to scala and back. Fine, but gets hot on bus. If you can hire a car. Roads are easy driving 30mph. Can recommend pefanis car hire.

Stayed in skala a few years ago. Still comparatively small if you think of mainland Spain resorts, but definitely getting bigger. So has benefits if not going in peak season. V hot, try for air con. Was 40+ last summer.

Edited at 12:25 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I stayed in Lassi last year but went to skala. Smallish main square but large sprawl of tavernas available. Prices more reasonable away from the sea. It's not club 18-30 rowdy, it's just people (mainly Brits) having a good time. Lots of families.

Beach is good but largish silica bits rather than fine sand. Beach gets v hot. Take water shoes.

We had car, but have also used bus from argostoli to scala and back. Fine, but gets hot on bus. If you can hire a car. Roads are easy driving 30mph. Can recommend pefanis car hire.

Stayed in skala a few years ago. Still comparatively small if you think of mainland Spain resorts, but definitely getting bigger. So has benefits if not going in peak season. V hot, try for air con. Was 40+ last summer.
I have booked it so we are going to Scala, I wanted to be in Lassi by the beach but couldn’t find a good hotel with our dates. We are going to get a car and explore and go to all the lovely beaches on the island plus the caves xx
Old 26 Jan 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I have booked it so we are going to Scala, I wanted to be in Lassi by the beach but couldn’t find a good hotel with our dates. We are going to get a car and explore and go to all the lovely beaches on the island plus the caves xx
Pefanis are excellent and really good prices for car hire and includes all insurances. They have outlets in scala and the airport as well as Lassi.

There are some fab places to explore by car. Argostoli itself is lovely, see turtles in the harbour in the morning, take ferry over to the lixouri peninsular and go for a mud bath on xi beach. Fiskardo is lovely but quite a drive as roads slow and windy. But lovely.

We did a private hire yacht for a day last year. It was amazing, but there are loads of boat trips to go on if that's your thing.
I know the island well if there is anything I can help with.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List