Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

You are all absolutely correct about the vaccine programme but we have to remember Airlines too. We have no idea what % they are sold out as of yet and if these routes are not profitable over the summer I would dare say we start to see some cancellations, borders open or not, in May/June time.

With reports this morning that just 9% of adults are expecting overseas travel to be "normal" (although what they class as normal is unclear) by this summer, its not only the vaccine news we need to rely on, its also the airlines.

They will want us to go as much as we all want to go but they've got to be profitable too. They will not want to lose money given the events of the last 12 months!

Everything crossed I am wrong as I cant wait for our August trip.

travelweekly/articles/...pzfFgT12G0336A
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
It will be worth keeping an eye on the US today; apparently Thursday’s theme for Biden’s Presidential Proclamations is COVID. I think he already signed off the 100 day mask mandate yesterday; but today might see some indication of the travel bans he’ll put in place and when they might be reviewed.
Lets hope it's good news!
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
Im sure im not alone but im desperate for our august holiday to go ahead. Its the only thing keeping me going. I think if masks are still required we will still go but will probably only dip in and out of the parks and instead spend maximum time in volcano bay and aquatica where masks are not required. Its the reason we booked cabana bay for this year due to their direct access without needing transport etc. Fingers crossed everyone and be interesting to see what Biden says.
Thats the requirement for all water parks isn't it? You still have to wear them from the car park and walking to & from the restaurants I believe but not when going on rides?

Edited at 12:08 PM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thats the requirement for all water parks isn't it? You still have to wear them from the car park and walking to & from the restaurants I believe but not when going on rides?
Yea sorry i mean at least when your in the water on the rides everyone gets a break from them.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

I go from one day feeling positive to another day feeling it won't happen! We are due to go 1 - 28 August. We have no plans whilst we are there, just have a villa booked at Solterra for the first two weeks (which I can change dates on if needed). I'd quite like to go to Universal, but depends on how the children feel wearing masks. We will definitely do some water parks as we love them, but other than that chilling out.

I have until May really to decide before I have to pay for the villa so will assess then. Flights and car were booked as a package with BA so can opt for a voucher if needed to the value of our deposit.

We are just desperate (like everyone) to get away as we were due to go away last summer. But at the same time I want to feel safe!

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
well our August trip has just been changed to 12th Ocotber for three weeks fingers crossed we will have had the vaccine by then
Im ok with it
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

I’ve had my vaccine today (NHS staff) and it was so quick and efficient. I was literally in and out so if they carry on like that I’m hopeful! At the end of the day if it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen and we can just move again but I’d hate to cancel it and then find out I could have actually gone so I’m staying positive!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
I go from one day feeling positive to another day feeling it won't happen! We are due to go 1 - 28 August. We have no plans whilst we are there, just have a villa booked at Solterra for the first two weeks (which I can change dates on if needed). I'd quite like to go to Universal, but depends on how the children feel wearing masks. We will definitely do some water parks as we love them, but other than that chilling out.

I have until May really to decide before I have to pay for the villa so will assess then. Flights and car were booked as a package with BA so can opt for a voucher if needed to the value of our deposit.

We are just desperate (like everyone) to get away as we were due to go away last summer. But at the same time I want to feel safe!
I know how you feel. It's an emotional rollercoaster isn't it! Just got to keep our fingers crossed! 🤞🏼
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rayraygreen View Post
I’ve had my vaccine today (NHS staff) and it was so quick and efficient. I was literally in and out so if they carry on like that I’m hopeful! At the end of the day if it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen and we can just move again but I’d hate to cancel it and then find out I could have actually gone so I’m staying positive!
Good for you! Which one did you have?
Old 21 Jan 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Good for you! Which one did you have?
Pfizer!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List