Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jul 16, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Idiots guide to virgin upper/PE - Gatwick to MCO

Through the use of some points i have saved for quite some time i am flying out on the 22nd August Upper Class and returning on the 4th September PE. Very much looking forward to this as it will be my first time in upper and have only flown PE once before a long long time ago so would appreciate any tips/avice any seasoned travellers have to give,
Is there a certain lounge i should use, where is it, when can i reserve my seat for the return etc etc ? Any tips/info gratefully received

Paul
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

should be able to book return seats straight away , we are flying upper from heathrow to new york in october and have setas booked both ways and then premium for orlando next april and have seats booked
Old 6 Jul 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida-Sarah
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida-Sarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Upper is an amazing experience.
You can use the Virgin Clubhouse at LGW which provides waitress service meals and drinks. There is also a spa where you can get free and paid for treatments. There is also a shower area if you need to freshen up.
You should be able to book seats now.

WDW: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1998, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 x2, 2017, 2018, 2019 x 2

DCL: Disney Dream 2017, Disney Fantasy 2019
Florida-Sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dougyjemd
Trying for More Ears

dougyjemd's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Florida-Sarah View Post
Upper is an amazing experience.
You can use the Virgin Clubhouse at LGW which provides waitress service meals and drinks. There is also a spa where you can get free and paid for treatments. There is also a shower area if you need to freshen up.
You should be able to book seats now.

Sorry but the VA Lounge is closed for refurb:angry:angry:. its not due to re open until oct/nov. thou you maybe able to use No 1 Lounge within gatwick. I suggest contacting virgin as they may have an agreement in place with gatwick for you to use the lounge. We only know this as we wanted to book Virgin lounge but then deceided we would do some extra retail therapy before sat on plane for 9hrs

Hope you have a great trip too
dougyjemd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
inspectorgadjet
Earning My Ears

It's not closed for refurb...it's closed until Jan 25th when they are moving to the north terminal.
inspectorgadjet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cantcook
Imagineer

Mobile

The OP is flying UC so they'll have access to the Clubhouse which is not closed and will remain open during the move of terminals. The clubhouse is completely unaffected by the move.

However, the Virgin Holidays V-Room is closed but that's completely different.
Cantcook is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dublingirl
Helping Mickey

The Virgin Clubhouse is still open. When you check in you will be given an invitation and told where the Clubhouse is. Once inside you will have unlimited breakfast items, drinks, cocktails and snacks. You can also get spa treatments. Some are free and some incur a charge. If you go on the Virgin Atlantic website you will be able to get all the info you need. Enjoy!
Dublingirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

The Virgin Upper class lounge at Gatwick is open from 6am - they do fully cooked breakfast etc so eat there. It's well signposted and you'll need to show your tickets on arrival at the lounge desk.

At the Virgin Atlantic check in desk you'll be given premium fast track passes to skip the security lines. (Given at twilight check in too if you check in there).

As others have said, you should be able to go online and book your seats now. In upper class we always try and go for 6A and 6K - the two seats right at the front. It's a great experience and hopeully you'll love it
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 16, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
pooh's gal
Excited about Disney

I prefer UC on the way out as all I want to do coming home is sleep so don't get all the full benefits. Wonderful service, champagne served as you sit down. If you're wearing a jacket the staff will kindly take it off and hang it up. Wonderful table settings, especially the salt and pepper pots (you must take them home with you). Whatever you want is available. I would say that the only downside is that PE get off the plane before you but that is easily made up for with the super service.
Old 7 Jul 16, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Tip 1: Sit at the bar on the flight and drink cocktails. And more cocktails.

Tip 2: Don't drive at the other end.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread