Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jul 16, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile Tesco Clubcard Points

Now that the Boost scheme has gone, I'm thinking about what to use my points on.

Does anyone use theirs towards their Florida trip? If so how do you use them?
Old 25 Jul 16, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Its been a while but our last 2 trips we used Tesco vouchers to book the hotel at Gatwick the night before (Sofitel if I remember correctly)..hoping that's still doable for next year.
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I transfer them to my BA Avios account.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LCS2008
Excited about Disney

Clubcard points used to be much easier to come by, and you used to be able to use them against virgin florida holidays with no limit, maybe six or seven years ago. Back then we had three weeks in Florida over Christmas almost entirely courtesy of Tesco for us and three kids in an executive villa.

We looked at using clubcard for our 2013 trip but couldnt find anything that made them worth it. I think they could be used against park tickets and hotels back then, but paying the full retail price of the hotel in vouchers made us worse off than just paying an offer price on the hotel and keeping the vouchers for shopping/day trips. So we didnt bother.

I'd be interested to see if its worth using them again now...
LCS2008 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

BA avios for us too. Now have enough points for our flights next year.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

I also transfer them to my BA avios account which can be used for flights, car hire, hotels, parking etc
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
My Points are automatically converted to Virgin Air Miles, 2 years ago had accrued quite a few miles which came in very useful

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lemag
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How does the Avios account work? We always have lots of tesco vouchers so it would be great to put them towards our flights with BA... Would we only be able to use them for selected BA flights or can we use them towards any BA flight? Just trying to weigh up if it's worth doing. Also, can you pay with the Avios points and then any difference? Thanks!
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

virgin miles for us ... paid a good portion of our UC tickets for this year and we have enough for 5 UC/PE tickets for next year (waiting for realise)
anyone know when we get the vouchers to .. I am hoping for a promo again
Lisa x
Old 25 Jul 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I think converting to miles might be the best option at the moment.

I saved up my points to get car parking at the airport but when I went on the aph site the price was double what it cost to pay cash so not worth it.

Hopefully now they have finished the boost they might put up some better offers but really it feels like they are downgrading the whole thing.
sotagals is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List