Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Dec 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

It definitely does move. Not a lot, but the ‘bikes’ and the front part of the loading room drop away from the rest of the room and move up and down to assist the feeling of movement. The ‘bikes’ also lean to the left and the right.

That said, none of it is a violent movement.

Edit to add - if you watch the tim Tracker vlog from about a week ago where they are at an after hours animal kingdom party, they leave the camera in the storage area recording and you can see the movement

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁

Edited at 04:41 PM.
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

If you can ride a Disney bus to the parks, you can ride Flight of Passage.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
It 100% does move
It tilts forward slightly. No up down movement, no jerks, no leaning or rocking.

The back of the seat (a bit like a motorbike) moves in at the beginning of the ride to snugly fit your body. It doesn't squash you.

As i said earlier, you'll probably be fine.

Whatever you decide, you'll be in WDW so happy days!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

On the basis that the OP is reading and not commenting for fear of being condemmed by those of an opposite opinion if she expresses one...

For me it's not just the risk of anything happening which I agree is very low, but also about how you would handle it if it does. I've seen people that lost babies, that were at both ends of the spectrum, from those that shrug it off and happily carry on with life to those that hold anniversaries for their lost babies.
Old 18 Dec 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Wise words Thorpy. It's not necessarily the chance of a problem that matters here...It's about how you would feel if something did...for any reason...and would you blame yourself for taking the risk.

I stand corrected having watched the Tim Tracker Vlog. There is some movement.

Good luck. You'll have a blast whatever you decide.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
On the basis that the OP is reading and not commenting for fear of being condemmed by those of an opposite opinion if she expresses one...

For me it's not just the risk of anything happening which I agree is very low, but also about how you would handle it if it does. I've seen people that lost babies, that were at both ends of the spectrum, from those that shrug it off and happily carry on with life to those that hold anniversaries for their lost babies.
I agree with this. If something awful did happen, even entirely unrelated to FOP, I would never stop blaming myself for going on FOP and always wonder “what if”.

I also agree with the above poster about Disney busses
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
It tilts forward slightly. No up down movement, no jerks, no leaning or rocking.
It definitely moves up, down, and leans. Check out Tim Trackers latest video from AK DAH. He left the camera in the storage bin, and you can see just how much they move.

Edit: Just seen you addressed this in a later comment.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List