Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Dec 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Yup, the location west of I-4 is still open. It's not gourmet dining - but it offers great value for your money, especially if you want to skip lunch and fill up with an all you can eat breakfast or brunch before a full day in the parks.
Old 5 Dec 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We were at the 192 one a few weeks back. Never been great but saying that still as mediocre as it's always been havnt seen a difference in quality it just is what it is no worse or better. Steak was nice service friendly and buffet adequate. Get absolutely stuffed for 15 bucks.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Another to say the one near formosa gardens on the 192 is still open. Had breakfast in there twice this last trip. Its head and shoulders above golden coral for breakfasts, not for anything else mind.

Grand kids loved it, i wasnt overly impressed but then again i didnt care. I needed food into a 2 year old and picky 7 year old.
Old 6 Dec 18, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We ended up popping in a couple of days ago. Like you all say, the steak was nice and it's a decent price but nothing much more than that!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
Its head and shoulders above golden coral for breakfasts, not for anything else mind.
Interesting, as we much prefer the GC breakfast to Ponderosa
Old 7 Dec 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

Eeek I have the worst memory of The Ponderosa! My husband thought he would be nice and bring me over a bowl of ice cream and jelly only it wasn't ice cream! It was butter! Bah.

I can't imaging what people thought of him piling scoops of butter in to a bowl then adding Jelly!
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We used to go there on the 192 many years ago when the west end had hardly any other places to eat, now I think there is so much more to choose from and not really too much more to pay for a really good steak/meal
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

We have fond memories of the Ponderosa on the 192 (the one attached to the gift shop), used to have a good steak, jacket potato and fill ourselves up on the hot buffet. We grew up on it as kids, then when we went in 2015, they'd scrapped the hot buffet we used to love, and the mains were now complete garbage.

Their selling point was a good buffet, an okay steak (1/2$ more than just buffet) and a good price, now it's just a naff steak and a boring salad bar.

If we want good steak we go to longhorns, if we want a good buffet we'll go to golden corall. It's no surprise they are going down the pan. They will go the way of Friendly's.

Edited at 01:37 PM.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

Went once and never again, food quality was absolutely appalling