Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Dec 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Anyone been to parc asterix ? Or other things to do outside of DLP or Paris itself ?

Hi all
Not been in the DLP forum for a few years but planning a surprise trip just me and the 2 kids ( 16 and 20 by then ) next June or July

Want to have a week away but think 3 or 4 days at DLP will be enough , so will have a few spare days

Think the kids will be nervous about going into Paris itself due to perceived terrorist threat , which is a shame , but no point taking them there if they will be scared

So can anyone give me an overview of Parc Asterix ? Is it ok for older kids ? Is it modern / run down ? Is it busy ?

Or is there anywhere else outside of DLP or central Paris you would recommend ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

My daughter went on a school trip in year 7 and said it was good fun.
Why would you be scared to go to Paris? We had a brilliant day there as part of our Disneyland Paris trip.

I think Disneyland Paris is equally a target as Paris and Paris is much bigger so chances of being in wrong place at the wrong time are much lower.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
My daughter went on a school trip in year 7 and said it was good fun.
Why would you be scared to go to Paris? We had a brilliant day there as part of our Disneyland Paris trip.

I think Disneyland Paris is equally a target as Paris and Paris is much bigger so chances of being in wrong place at the wrong time are much lower.
Thanks Bev.
I myself have no problems with going to Paris , and last time we went to DLP we had a great day there as a family
But things have changed for the kids . My daughters mental health problems are still very real and one of the girls who lost her life in the Manchester bomb was in the year above my son at his school , so things have changed for them , but not for me , since we last went
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
That’s understandable. No point in going if it’s going to cause stress.

I think Versailles is nearby. Or Monet’s Garden is supposed to be nice.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 18, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I haven’t been to Parc Asterix for about ten years but my whole family loved it. It’s almost entirely in French and some of the entertainment is very surreal (like a legion of very camp Romans putting on a fashion show!)
We loved the (extremely bumpy!) log flume style ride, the bob sleigh ride and the little boat ride with lots of hidden “water features” It makes a lovely change from Disney.

I visited Versailles in 2015 just a couple of months after the terrorist attack at the Bataclan. It was deserted and there was an armed police/security presence but we felt very safe and absolutely loved the palace and the Petit Trianon. It’s definitely worth the walk/interminably slow road train ride to the Petit Trianon, you can see how the design influenced Disney films like The Little Mermaid, plus they have adorable farm animals and we were lucky enough to see a family of water rats (very rare in the UK!) If your family are interested in history then I would definitely visit, it’s an easy but fairly long train journey. Pro-tip: the McDonalds between the train station and the palace serves surprisingly good macarons!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Could you spend a day at the Disney Villages Nature?
Looks really good

disneylandparis/en-gb...-nature-paris/
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
Could you spend a day at the Disney Villages Nature?
Looks really good

disneylandparis/en-gb...-nature-paris/
Thanks Noodle . Not something I had ever heard of before
Old 16 Dec 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

A second vote for Monet’s house and gardens at Giverny. The house is really colourful and quirky and the gardens are just amazing when you think about the works they inspired.
AhoyShipmates is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List