Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Nov 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
shabbadoof
Excited about Disney

We went last August. We were staying off site and we had 1 day tickets for VB and LUCKILY went just after a 4pm thunderstorm. Well I would say 60% of the park cleared out and we can't have waited more than 5 minutes to go on any of the rides so if you are staying off site and are going during the summer when the regular thunderstorm comes I would aim to go later on in the afternoon if possible!
shabbadoof is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

How much were your seaworld tickets/ added to the universal etc?

We are planning on using water parks as down days where no rush to get there, no need to stay all day.
So when at Disney using it as half days and then let little ones chill out then take them back to a main park for an hour or two
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Natoli
I want to go now!

I went to VB June 2017 when it was still relatively new. I hate waterparks with a vengeance and will just sunbathe all day while my friends go on the rides BUT I LOVED VB! Its so beautiful and I even went on a few of the rides, the water coaster being my favourite. I liked their idea of giving the watch thing so you can book on a ride rather than que for everything for hours. Can't wait to go back next September! Considering I've been to both Disney water parks and Aquatica and never went on a single ride lol!
Natoli is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 18, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We had the best day of our trip at BB last August but to be fair it was my sons 16th birthday and we hired a cabana so that probably helped the enjoyment! I don’t do water slides but but DH, DS and our Bil loved them and I thought the fearless river was fun and also spent time in the wave pool.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

These are all very encouraging reviews - have been wondering whether to brave it!
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loubyloulou
Excited about Disney

OMG yay! personally it was our favourite park this time!
Old 28 Dec 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Still never been to Aquatica. Really must go one year!

What killed the day for us was breakdowns. I forget the name of the slides, but it's the big blue/green ones where you sit in a round dinghy thing. They both broke down on us and we wasted so much time on those that the park just filled up and everything else got busy. Had they been working properly then we might have got on more.

Other things irritated me. The lazy river has only one entry point - why?! No signs to anything so never sure where to go (totally agree with you on that one! ). Couldn't get a decent coffee anywhere. Ridiculous prices for towel rental. Too much sand (I hate sand!).

The tapu thing is either brilliant or useless. We tapped onto a slide and it said come back in 15 minutes. That's not really enough time to go and do anything else useful, so we just ended up standing around close to the entrance for 15 mins and then went on it. I just don't see the point. It's not like you walk straight on when it's your turn either - you still wait half an hour. I'd have rather spent that 15 mins in the queue.

The few things we did manage to get on were really very good, and the park is very nice. It's just frustrating. If you shelled out for fast-passes it'd be a good day out.
Hi Neilhd, I would definitely recommend you try Aquatica, Ihu Falls is my favourite there but to be honest I love all the rides there except Omaka Rocka which threw me about too much. The rapids there are great too, much better than VB.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottermus
Proud to wear my Ears

I went there not too long ago and would agree with most of the other posters. It's a nicely-designed, perfectly fine water park with a good selection of rides.

However, it wasn't a mind-blowing, revolutionary experience. In fact, I think most of the water parks are fairly inter-changeable so I wouldn't go out of your way to particularly go to VB.
Pottermus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List