Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Both of our stays,DW & I plus DS & DGF, are slightly cheaper- it's a bit difficult to do properly as the room categories are different:
1 Week WL is £200 cheaper plus the category I would reckon on £300 to the good with Free Dining.
14 nights POR is about £450 cheaper, again plus the category, I reckon FD is @ £500 to the good.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Just priced ours up, like for like but don’t get the $200 gift card. It would be £700 cheaper oh well it’s booked now
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Beddy666 View Post
Just priced ours up, like for like but don’t get the $200 gift card. It would be £700 cheaper oh well it’s booked now
Including buying the dining plan with the free nights offer? Where are you staying and for how long? Do you have a package with flights included too, as that can also sway the numbers a lot?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 11:13 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

This is where people get confused with 'free' dining. The free dining isnt truely free as you actually pay more for the room. Free dining is included on rack rate prices, and who really ever pays rack rate for hotels. For many people the free dining plan does work out cheaper if you eat a lot of food or you want nothing extra to spend on holiday. For some like us, the free dining plan works out more expensive as we always book via the US site a few months before we go. You get some very good prices.
Free dining is also limited to a certain number of rooms within hotels and room types so people often end up paying more for an upgraded room type just to get free dining, so in theory if they waited and booked the free nights offer, they could have got everything cheaper.
Its swings and roundabouts.
Depending on how much you really save, and your booking, you maybe able to cancel and change your booking with a small fee.

Originally Posted by Rapunzel83 View Post
I went onto the Disney holidays website today, just for a look... my exact booking is now £1000 cheaper
I don’t expect there is anything we can do about that, is there?
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Just checked mine and if I booked now it would work out £650 more expensive so for us the dining plan offer has worked out the best and we have the gift card as well.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Tickets are £40 cheaper now too after the dining plan offer has ended
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
This is where people get confused with 'free' dining. The free dining isnt truely free as you actually pay more for the room. Free dining is included on rack rate prices, and who really ever pays rack rate for hotels. For many people the free dining plan does work out cheaper if you eat a lot of food or you want nothing extra to spend on holiday. For some like us, the free dining plan works out more expensive as we always book via the US site a few months before we go. You get some very good prices.
Free dining is also limited to a certain number of rooms within hotels and room types so people often end up paying more for an upgraded room type just to get free dining, so in theory if they waited and booked the free nights offer, they could have got everything cheaper.
Its swings and roundabouts.
Depending on how much you really save, and your booking, you maybe able to cancel and change your booking with a small fee.
I have a "standard" room at my chosen resort (OKW studio) which only has 2/14 nights free in the new offer. Free dining is financially worth £1600 or so which is nowhere near the cost of the 2 nights. You could argue that we won't spend that on food but we were there recently and spent as much as we would have if we'd paid for DDP. And no, we don't eat a lot but did eat mainly at Disney. Free dining works for us.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Tickets are £40 cheaper now too after the dining plan offer has ended
This is a sleight of hand they do every single year.
Old 9 Dec 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m not sure why anyone is surprised. Disney have done this every year for many years - a free dining offer with full priced hotel and tickets then a room discount of some kind with slightly reduced tickets. You have to do with what works for you. We prefer free dining having done both, others prefer a room discount. You can’t compare them unless your only aim is to get the exact same package with each offer and get one cheaper. You can’t say free nights is cheaper unless it also adds in the dining plan. Free nights paying for your own food doesn’t equate unless you eat exactly what you would have on DDP. Just pick the offer that suits.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List