Villa 331 35.03%
Other 110 11.64%
Voters: 945. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Dec 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by malt1977 View Post
We’ve always stayed offsite around the Crossroads area just off Hotel Plaza Boulevard, close to the parks but also good for shops and eats too.
In case you've not heard this area (Crossroads) is closing at the end of 2019 to make way for "retention ponds" to protect the 535 expansion. I'd assume the restaurants will move elsewhere but not clear where.

Just the other day my friend wondered aloud if Disney had exerted any influence in removing the competition from so close to Disney Springs.

Anyway, just be aware that area is changing and probably not for the better or our benefit

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
I Love Disney*
Trainee Dibber

I Love Disney*'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 15
Our first 3 trips were at the Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando on I Drive and we loved it so convenient. However for our recent trip (We got back last weekend ) we stayed onsite at POR with qsdp. Although we enjoyed the resort itself, we didn't find the room to be any better and to be honest the qsdp was a little wasted on us. We spend a large amount of time at other parks and by week 2 we still had 44 qs and 44 snacks to use between us! Thank god for Ghirardelli is all i can say we used $90 worth of snacks in there!

Unless it worked out to be identically the same cost wise we would always stay on I drive now, we prefer the freedom of staying off site and not feeling like we have to eat on Disney to use our credits.
Old 18 Dec 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have always stayed in a villa combined with a couple of nights at Disney or Universal. We have opted to a seven night Disney stay next year and a condo split stay so looking forward to that.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I stay on I-Drive. I've once stayed at Loews Royal Pacific for one night when we took our grandson... so to get free Universal FastPasses and to gain early admission to their parks.

Edited at 12:39 AM.
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

I stay I-Drive apartmenr hotel. Just love the amount of choices for food and drink in the area.
Old 26 Dec 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
w3dal
Imagineer

Been going for 25 years, always a villa
Old 30 Dec 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

Always do Villa. Gives you time out of the Disney/Universal bubble and that homely feeling. Plus I love my own pool and the chance to visit so many restaurants.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I stayed both on and off site . I do like staying off site celebration suites old town was a nice resort and quite cheap but saying that I do like staying on site but it not a must do for me
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I voted other as last time we had a villa and this time we are onsite.

We loved having a villa, having the space and our own pool was great, we’ve gone onsite this time as we got an unbelievable deal doing DIY to stay at CSR with free dining and tickets and then picked up bargain direct BA flights. I am looking forward to the onsite perks.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I selected other as we do split days between onsite and villa. We like to do onsite the first week we get there to take advantage of jet lag and early morning so we are up and rating to go and do a full on week then usually 8/9 night in a villa to chill more with our own space whilst dipping in and out of the parks
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List