Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Dec 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

How does your dining package link to MDE?

Apologies if this has been asked before. We have free dining for our trip next year. I have checked MDE and we all seem to be set up ok. I can see our tickets with the dining package included. My question is when booking restaurants in advance does MDE pick up the dining plan and show what you have left or do you need to keep a manual record? Hope that makes sense and probably a daft question!
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pans View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before. We have free dining for our trip next year. I have checked MDE and we all seem to be set up ok. I can see our tickets with the dining package included. My question is when booking restaurants in advance does MDE pick up the dining plan and show what you have left or do you need to keep a manual record? Hope that makes sense and probably a daft question!
You keep a manual record as you don’t have to use your credits for the meal, you can pay. So the credits won’t get taken until you have the meal
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
You keep a manual record as you don’t have to use your credits for the meal, you can pay. So the credits won’t get taken until you have the meal
Yep credits are taken upon payment for the meal.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

You can ask at any kiosk or restaurant how many credits you have left (they just scan your band), it also shows on your receipt after a purchase.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
It showed us on our MDE account how many credits we had left. I think it's a bit hit and miss as to whether this shows or not, but it worked for us.
Old 14 Dec 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Pans View Post
The advance bookings (reservations) are completely separate to the dining plan. You can book restaurants in advance without any sort of dining plan. Anyone can book them - it's just like making a reservation at a restaurant here in the UK.

The dining plan gives you credits you can use to "pay" for meals. You only get these credits in your MDE account once you've checked into your Disney hotel in Orlando. Once you have them, you can use these credits after you've eaten a meal instead of handing over cash. You can use credits for meals you've booked previously or for meals when you've just turned up at the door.

Once you are there in Orlando and checked in, your MDE account will show the number of dining credits you have left. Or you can ask a kiosk or restaurant to print out the number of credits you have left.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
You can ask at any kiosk or restaurant how many credits you have left (they just scan your band), it also shows on your receipt after a purchase.
It will also show on your MDE account - this is mostly reliable, we had a delay with the snacks showing correctly though. But both QS and TS credits were instantly correct.

But booking your ADRs has nothing to do with having a meal plan so they won’t connect now
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Perfect, thanks for taking the time to explain it much appreciated.
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List