Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 May 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mattomeara
Excited about Disney

mattomeara's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think it depends on the individual cleaning team. We found a toe nail clipping staring out from under the table in the living area at OKW it was like a T-Rex claw ! To us that meant the cleaner obviously had not give the main living area a thorough sweep and mop but things can be mixed. After 3 days of sub standard service, like not changing sheets on the sofa bed which had an obvious drinks stain ( caused by us and left with apologetic note) we had enough and went to reception. Next day and the rest of our stay our room was done to the standard you would expect. We moved to GF later and the difference was unreal. Everything was spotless including the communal areas.
mattomeara is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had chewing gun stool above the bed in rpr and a hairy bath so I went down to reception with photos to request a room change , they couldn’t move us but eventually offered a part refund.
You don’t say That you had complained and if things were rectified op?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

As some said, it can happen in any hotel. It's bad when it happens, but in the end it's how the hotel makes it right.
If you don't complain, don't expect it will fix itself. Because if you get a bad cleaner, you'll probably get the same one for 5 days.

We've had our fair bit of issues at Disney hotels, mostly with housekeeping, including a CSR stay where housekeeping was not done for 2 weeks, despite my dealing with housekeeping managers on a daily basis ... yes ... and we even had a dreadful experience at port orleans. Ultimately disney offered a complimentary 7 days stay at poly club level (we just came back a few weeks ago) so you can imagine we had a solid case and history.

But, do I have issues with Disney's housekeeping in general ? no

Whatever happened can happen anywhere in the world. It's not right, but in the end it's all about how the hotel make it right.

complaining on forums after you're back won't do any good.
warning people about cleanliness will not make the hotel any cleaner.
Pushing the issue with the hotel's manager is the only way thing will improve.

telling people they should be warned, and have them second guessing their booking won't do any good. Letting the manager know so this doesn't happen again is more powerful than warning the guests that the hotel is dirty (which it is not)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrbman View Post
Hi dibbers.

Just a little advice re animal kingdom lodge.

When you get to your room I would check how clean your room is.

We have just come back from a brilliant disney holiday. The only bad thing was Animal Kingdom Lodge and their standards.

All my advice would be is seriously look at alternative deluxe options if you can. Ps. The view is amazing though. Ask any thing you want.

Ohh and reliable mugs can be a big big walk depending where you are in the hotel. Only one on the bottom floor.
You could replace AKL with any other hotel worldwide of any standard in ypur post and the same would apply.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed here in Nov 2016 and our room was filthy.

We complained at reception and the head housekeep was due to visit us the next morning, she never turned up.

Our room was silly little things, like not dusting the table - we're obviously going to notice? And having sweets under the bed from previous occupants.

Edited to add: we didn't bother to follow up our complaint further whilst on site further. We did follow it up when we got home and it was upheld. Disney refunded us almost £1000 for this and a mixture of other things.

Edited at 10:51 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just to bring a little perspective.

We had a great time at disney as a whole. Just our experience on a whole at animal kingdom lodge wasn't great.

We had friends staying at a non deluxe resorts. Port Orleans and there rooms were better than ours at animal kingdom.

From day one of our stay issues were reported . Mis communication from concierge to other areas was very bad. We did have one stand out good experience . We booked fantasyland early morning Magic. But after entering the park at 7.30 and going on 7 dwarfs mine train at 7.45 with park empty til 9am. Unfortunately 7 dwarfs mine train broke down and we spent over an our sat on the ride broken down for over an hour. Losing the benefit of early morning. As well as being soaked from the downpour and the breakfast being cold. They did refund the experience for us.
Old 30 May 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
As some said, it can happen in any hotel. It's bad when it happens, but in the end it's how the hotel makes it right.
If you don't complain, don't expect it will fix itself. Because if you get a bad cleaner, you'll probably get the same one for 5 days.

We've had our fair bit of issues at Disney hotels, mostly with housekeeping, including a CSR stay where housekeeping was not done for 2 weeks, despite my dealing with housekeeping managers on a daily basis ... yes ... and we even had a dreadful experience at port orleans. Ultimately disney offered a complimentary 7 days stay at poly club level (we just came back a few weeks ago) so you can imagine we had a solid case and history.

But, do I have issues with Disney's housekeeping in general ? no

Whatever happened can happen anywhere in the world. It's not right, but in the end it's all about how the hotel make it right.

complaining on forums after you're back won't do any good.
warning people about cleanliness will not make the hotel any cleaner.
Pushing the issue with the hotel's manager is the only way thing will improve.

telling people they should be warned, and have them second guessing their booking won't do any good. Letting the manager know so this doesn't happen again is more powerful than warning the guests that the hotel is dirty (which it is not)
Thanks . I will be speaking to the hotel manager today and following up when we get home.
Old 30 May 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We had real problems with room cleanliness on our stay at YC last year. The floor was absolutely filthy. I didn't manage to get anywhere at all while we were there despite complaining (I generally found the CMs at YC to be quite unhelpful unfortunately). But I did follow up when we got back (there were also a few other issues) and was given 4 nights free in any Deluxe resort, so I'm pleased!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I have stayed in AKL a few times and never found housekeeping to be an issue. Once we had a bulb out and called the front desk. It was repaired within an hour.

I am not sure I would go to concierge about a house keeping problem. The housekeeping supervisor (manager) or the hotel manager would be more appropriate.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
I have stayed in AKL a few times and never found housekeeping to be an issue. Once we had a bulb out and called the front desk. It was repaired within an hour.

I am not sure I would go to concierge about a house keeping problem. The housekeeping supervisor (manager) or the hotel manager would be more appropriate.
When we complained to mousekeeping direct they never bothered to call us back on the in room phone

When we then went to reception they never showed when promised!

I think when we stayed at AKL the hotel was at capacity over Thanksgiving and the cleaning suffered, I do think it was the time of year as when we've been to Disney previously it's always been okay.

As I said, we did get some sort of resolution when back in the UK