Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 May 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
James_and_Shona
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We stayed at POR last July and DD accidentally spilt a big drink all over our bed. We called reception and our bed was changed within an hour. Excellent service :-)
Orlando Celebration - April 2008
Kissimmee Travelodge - April 2004
James_and_Shona is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CLB_14 View Post
When we complained to mousekeeping direct they never bothered to call us back on the in room phone

When we then went to reception they never showed when promised!
that was our experience too at CSR 3 years ago

but it's quite important to go and complain at front desk, because then, they must make a note in your file.
And having those notes recorded in your file will be the kind of things disney will investigate when you seek resolution back in the UK

when you're back, they won't only take your word for it, they'll look into it.
If you did mention while at the hotel, and there is a record of it, then you have a case, even (and especially) if nothing was done when you're there.

if there is no record of your issues ... you might get FP+ for next visit ... if you're lucky

the key here is to have your issues recorded when you're there, so you have a case when you're back
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
beanbunny
Apprentice Imagineer

Could anyone tell me what to expect on a daily basis from mousekeeping? How often should they change sheets etc? How much do you tip daily?
Old 31 May 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I think all the resorts are hit and miss no matter which category they are.
We had to complain at POR last year too .
Saying that though , it doesn’t put me off a whole hotel I would just be double checking if I visited again
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

If things go wrong, make sure you let Disney (or wherever you're staying) know.

My great aunt has had a hairdressing salon since before I was born. She has a sign saying

"If you liked our service, please tell others. If not, please tell us".

I noticed that sign as a child, but never really truly understood the meaning of it until I started renting out villas 8 years ago. We have a 100% record of excellent reviews, you will not find a less than 5* review anywhere. It doesn't mean everything always goes 100% according to plan, but where it hasn't we've taken action quickly, and we've been fortunate that guests have applied the above rule.

Whether you're staying at Disney, or anywhere else, hopefully all will go right, however, if something is wrong, say immediately, hopefully Disney, or whoever it is will fix it asap.

Then hopefully more of the experiences we read about will be positive ones.
Old 31 May 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

When I worked in travel I never understood customers who would come back complaining bitterly that something fairly minor (in the sense it wouldn't take much to fix) had spoiled their holiday yet they had done nothing to bring it to the attention of the holiday company or hotel whilst there. I see the same thing on the Dibb and I really don't get it.
It's the same with other things too ... so often at work I'll get someone call to say their broadband is running slowly and it turns out it has been like that for months and they've never picked up the phone , five or ten minutes later I've fixed it .

Edited at 11:13 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
When I worked in travel I never understood customers who would come back complaining bitterly that something fairly minor (in the sense it wouldn't take much to fix) had spoiled their holiday yet they had done nothing to bring it to the attention of the holiday company or hotel whilst there. I see the same thing on the Dibb and I really don't get it.
It's the same with other things too ... so often at work I'll get someone call to say their broadband is running slowly and it turns out it has been like that for months and they've never picked up the phone , five or ten minutes later I've fixed it .
You’ve forgotten one fairly obvious thing .. some people just like a good moan !😆
If something is not right we also try and get it sorted ASAP , unless it’s health issues and then I’ll ignore them until i have no choice but to see the gp 🙄
Old 31 May 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Never had an issue at AKL, Kidani or Jambo, I think the OP just got unlucky.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I did say we reported issues as we went along. You don't expect to save for three years and experience rudeness, dirty rooms and all round disorganised front of house staff. We had a great time everywhere else so it isn't a moan .
Old 31 May 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrbman View Post
I did say we reported issues as we went along. You don't expect to save for three years and experience rudeness, dirty rooms and all round disorganised front of house staff. We had a great time everywhere else so it isn't a moan .
I didn’t mean you btw op, I meant in general you get people who like a good rant .