Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Jun 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post

We paid 1200 to upgrade to akl from port Orleans. I get there's the upgrade in the dining plan from qs to dpd.
How much should I be asking back off disney that's fair compensation

Edited at 11:30 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mrbman View Post
We had bed bugs. And a large gathering of dust and hair around the skirting board in every corner. I will post some photos when I get back. It was disgusting. The way we have been dealt with was ok but not understanding offered a 2 night complementary stay at any deluxe hotel or 200 us dollars. On our final day late check out of 1pm was agreed with the front desk. I took my kids to the park to use faspasses. Come back to find that house keeping had been knocking and on the 3rd ocaision called my wife a liar. They even had front desk call my wife to tell her to leave at 11am. Front desk denied any late check out had been granted (I was shown it on the screen by concierge as approved to 1pm)

There's more but I will evaluate more when I get home.
I presume you are still in Orlando and have sent your email complaint direct to Disney while you are there as well so you can perhaps have it sorted before you return ?
As for compensation only you can decide what you want from them ,did you accept the original offer ? If you did that is accepting a solution in the eyes of a business .
for me I would have wanted it resolved there and then so would have escalated my concerns whilst onsite and not taken Any offer until I was happy . Did you get an alternative room if you had bed bugs and evidence ? No way would I have stayed In Any room that had visible bed bugs , they would have had to shift me out of reception.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We did ask to speak to the duty manager. That was his offer. The general manager called tonight and offered 500 us dollars. I said I would like to think about it. And have it in writing back in the UK. He has been off all week while we have been a villa. He said he wasn't going to batter about 500 USD. Thought best have it in writing than verbal.then I can write to disney UK when I get back
Old 2 Jun 18, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It wasmemorial holidays they said and advised they had done deep clean.
Old 2 Jun 18, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Have the hotel confirmed it was bedbugs? Any hotel can get them from previous guests but I have never heard of Disney not immediately moving the guests and quarantining the room until it can be treated.
Old 2 Jun 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrbman View Post
We did ask to speak to the duty manager. That was his offer. The general manager called tonight and offered 500 us dollars. I said I would like to think about it. And have it in writing back in the UK. He has been off all week while we have been a villa. He said he wasn't going to batter about 500 USD. Thought best have it in writing than verbal.then I can write to disney UK when I get back
I would have advised him I was sending my complaint straight to the ceo and cc him in. Disney uk will not sort out your problem but pass it to the Disney us team which is why you are often better sorting it whilst there, especially wth dated photos and in the country.
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Have the hotel confirmed it was bedbugs? Any hotel can get them from previous guests but I have never heard of Disney not immediately moving the guests and quarantining the room until it can be treated.
I thought that as many have had them at Disney resorts over the years and been moved immediately.
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 4 Jun 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post

As a comparison, we had 2 rooms and got a £1200 refund across the two.

BUT, we did have a broken toilet coupled with either the norovirus or food poisoning, which is the one time you don't want a broken toilet. It kept overflowing into the bedroom and when we complained they said they were too full to move us. It wasn't just the cleanliness alone that gave us that refund.

So personally I think $500 is fair.

Edited at 09:35 AM.
Old 4 Jun 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I thought that as many have had them at Disney resorts over the years and been moved immediately.
I was going to say the same. If it were bedbugs it would usually prompt an immediate room move, fumigation of the room, and often confiscation of guest belongs to fumigate too.
I hear many reports of Disney buying guests new clothes etc. whilst theirs are treated 🤷
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear of your problems OP, you don't need that hassle on holiday. I hope that you and Disney agree on the appropriate compensation.

I'm staying at the Poly later this year and I'm a little concerned to have read about the cleanliness issues that some people have experienced. Would anyone care to elaborate on their issues and if or how Disney rectified it?

Thanks!