Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jun 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SUPERHOOP66
Proud to wear my Ears

SUPERHOOP66's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Being a vegan in Orlando

Hi all.

We are going back next year and my daughter has recently become a vegan. She was a vegetarian on our last visit which was OK but still caused some disagreements over where to eat.

Anyone else travelled as or with a vegan and can advise how easy or difficult it is to find suitable restaurants?

We are staying off site but could have the odd meal on site.

Thanks in advance
Graeme
Old 17 Jun 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
flossycandy
VIP Dibber

flossycandy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm not vegan so I can't help you but have a look at vegandisneyworld.com Hopefully they will be able to give you some insight.
flossycandy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Our 16 year old is Vegan too. We did California last year and it was fine but I think they are far more health conscious in California, so I’m also interested to find out more.
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi!
Me and my boyfriend are vegan and travelling in September.
I’ve done about 6 trips to Orlando as a veggie and this is my first as a vegan!
I agree vegandisneyworld is fantastic for information - there’s so much more choice than I expected!
As for off site we plan on trying out Mexicans if possible (usually easy to make vegan) and if not we normally can settle for a vegetable pizza with no cheese
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I am vegetarian and on site have no problem with meals even if I was a vegan. If the servers do not know they can ask the chef for vegan alternatives. Off site not quite the selection. Sweet tomatoes have a huge salad choice and plain baked potatoes if you get fed up with pizza and veggie burgers and very reasonable. I think Olive Garden may have dishes with tomatoes which would be vegan. I only recently found out that Parmesan is not vegetarian but a lot of restaurants over here mark it as a vegetarian option.
A couple of the steak houses we tried had no vegetarian alternatives so definitely won't have vegan.
Trails end at Wilderness cabins would be one I would try. It's a buffet and you can ask the chef for alternatives. Boma at Animal Kimgdom Lodge again is a buffet and the chef will go through all your options.
On site you won't have a problem being vegan but offsite it will be more challenging.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Up at universal there were loads of Vegan alternatives on offer on the menus, also at yacht and beach ale and compass there is a great protein bowl breakfast offering which would be suitable for Vegans which is tofu scrambled and beets with quinoa, really tasty.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

If either of you are on Facebook have a look at the veg Disney page, really helpful.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoey
Proud to wear my Ears

My GF is Vegan too and we are off in October 2019! I've done some research for her, and there is a lot more than you think. Tell your server that one of you is Vegan and they can always bring the chef out to talk you through what they can offer themselves. Remember they are there to help you! So don't be afraid to ask!
Like everyone has said, Vegan Disney World page is a savour!
Chloeoey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoey
Proud to wear my Ears

Also forgot to mention, Blizzard Beach have a vegan/vegetarian menu now!
Chloeoey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
wez
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Chef TJ at Trails End does a fantastic vegan meal. It’s about 7 courses! Just check he is working when you book.
wez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List