Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Aug 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Attraction Update closures at Disney Magic Kingdom

inline imageDue to the new Tron coaster-style attraction that will occupy an entirely new area next to the Tomorrowland's Space Mountain, a few modifications will be made to nearby attractions as construction kicks into gear.

First, the Walt Disney World Railroad will temporarily take up residence at the Main Street Station starting in December 2018, pausing its grand-circle tours of Magic Kingdom Park. During this time, guests will be able to get an up-close look at the railroad and take advantage of one-of-a-kind photo opportunities.

The Tomorrowland Speedway will close for a portion of 2019, as the attraction’s track is adjusted. It will reopen as the same attraction our guests know and love in the summer of 2019.

Magic Kingdom’s Tron attraction, which is set to debut in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021, is based on TRON Lightcycle Power Run at Shanghai Disneyland (pictured above). This coaster-style attraction allows riders to board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles for a thrilling race through the digital frontier. TRON Lightcycle Power Run debuted on Shanghai Disneyland’s opening day and quickly became the highest-rated attraction at the park.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tron1.jpg
Views:	29962
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	65049  
Old 11 Aug 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I wonder how long the railroad will be down for.

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
HolidayDreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I am hoping Tron is ready for late July 2021 which is when we are hoping to go for our 2nd Once in a Lifetime Holiday!
HolidayDreams is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
The Tomorrowland Speedway will close for a portion of 2019, as the attraction’s track is adjusted. It will reopen as the same attraction our guests know and love in the summer of 2019.
There were various rumours online that the Speedway would be rethemed into something TRON based and thus would fit in with the coaster and surrounding area. It would be a shame if it just reopened “as the same attraction”.

Magic Kingdom’s Tron attraction, which is set to debut in time for Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary in 2021,
I was hoping the TRON coaster would open well before the 50th anniversary - like, perhaps, in mid 2020.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
There were various rumours online that the Speedway would be rethemed into something TRON based and thus would fit in with the coaster and surrounding area. It would be a shame if it just reopened “as the same attraction”.

I was hoping the TRON coaster would open well before the 50th anniversary - like, perhaps, in mid 2020.
I have the same hope regards the Tron opening time.

Kind of like speedway as is though. Went on it when I was young and got to take my own kids on this year. It was great for nostalgia and getting some brain cells killed waiting to get on😋
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

3 years to build a coaster! You could build a whole theme park in that time why does it take so long for Disney to do anything.
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by champagnegirl26 View Post
I wonder how long the railroad will be down for.
Me too, it's one of those things we always have to do when we visit

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Oh no not the railroad. We’re returning Oct. 2019 after 20 years and was really looking forward to the railroad. ☹️
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
nathan&zoe
Being a bit Goofy

Do they have specific dates for the Speedway? DD loves this ride and we’re visiting for three weeks in January.
nathan&zoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I hope they keep the Speedway as it is. We love it.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List