Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 5 Sep 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

The pastries sounded ideal, although dare I say not as perfect as the Panera Bread bear claw . Melissa mentioned that it’s your favourite and so I tried one for the first time this trip, and ended up having three (not all at the same time )

I’m not sure I could do that glass slide !,

Looking forward to reading more
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Nice comfy seats at the top of skyspace, I thought you meant the slide went all the way to the ground (I’m still in theme park mode)
Traffic is crazy hope it settled once out of LA
It was great up there - one of my highlights of the trip. I would have loved the slide to go all the way to the ground! In reality it was really quite short.

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
You got through a great number of the LA hits today - everyone always seems to say like you... glad I’ve done it but no great shakes.

Does the traffic tend to be better earlier in the day or is all about the same?

Looking forward to your next day xx
I think use of the word "better" in relation to LA traffic is relative! There didn't seem to be any particular pattern to when it was busy or not.

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
LA is a funny place isn't it? I'm glad I have experienced it but it's not somewhere I would hurry back to... I found it all far less glamorous than I was expecting!

Skyspace looked amazing though, you were all so brave to do the slide... it made my knees wobble just looking at the photos!

I'm excited for to see your day at Joshua Tree, this was definitely a highlight of our trip!
Yes, it's a bit of a strange place - doesn't seem to be a particular "centre" to it, but I'm glad we've been there and ticked everything off our list. Joshua Tree will be up very soon!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You had an interesting day in L.A., such a shame the traffic doubled your travel time. Still time for a quick swim at the end, we love a night swim on holiday.
Yes, the girls ALWAYS want to swim at night!

Originally Posted by Grump$ View Post
I seen that skyspace slide on Ozzy and Jack's American roadtrip, did you use as many expletives as the prince of darkness as you slid down?
Ha - No expletives from me, I loved it. Wasn't really long enough to get a F*** out

Originally Posted by Disney Wishing View Post
Great report so far. You really caught the full LA traffic experience Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.
Thanks - more coming soon!

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
You found some interesting places to visit such as the concert hall and the bookshop that I've not seen mentioned before. You were all brave on the glass slide!

Wow Ive read about the LA traffic but that was a long time to drive that distance.

As for no dessert again I can only put this down to the heat!

The jury is still out for me on visiting LA – only the WB Studio Tour interests me. Even the Hollywood sign etc don't hold much appeal especially when people who have been don't seem too impressed. It obviously is a "been there done that" type of place.

Looking forward to the next day!
All thanks to some meticulous research by Melissa. We packed loads in the couple of days we were there.

We did eventually discover our "Dessert Stomachs"!

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Thanks for sharing! Really interesting to see LA. My sister hated it and it definitely sounds like somewhere to go once.
Yep, we've been there, seen it, enjoyed it and are happy with that.

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Another great day, I’d go nowhere near that slide! I would love the bookstore though.

I can’t believe how bad the traffic in LA is, how do locals get anywhere on time?!
The bookstore was really different, and huge! As for the locals, I can only imagine they leave about a week before they need to be anywhere

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
The pastries sounded ideal, although dare I say not as perfect as the Panera Bread bear claw . Melissa mentioned that it’s your favourite and so I tried one for the first time this trip, and ended up having three (not all at the same time )

I’m not sure I could do that glass slide !,

Looking forward to reading more
Too true - they were good, but not in "Bear Claw" territory! Hmmm, I reckon I could have a good go at 3 bear claws in one sitting...

Thanks for reading all!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

That was a great, full day in LA! It was nice to revisit a few of the places I have been to through your trip report- and seeing a couple of new spots like Skyspace. I love the look of the views from the top of there, but like others have said in this thread, there is no way you'd get me on that slide

That bookstore looked pretty cool! And there's no shame in a Denny's meal I usually go there for breakfast more than dinner, though.

I am not a big fan of LA myself, but you gotta do it if you're in California at some point. Looks like you made the most of your time there!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by Aims View Post
That was a great, full day in LA! It was nice to revisit a few of the places I have been to through your trip report- and seeing a couple of new spots like Skyspace. I love the look of the views from the top of there, but like others have said in this thread, there is no way you'd get me on that slide

That bookstore looked pretty cool! And there's no shame in a Denny's meal I usually go there for breakfast more than dinner, though.

I am not a big fan of LA myself, but you gotta do it if you're in California at some point. Looks like you made the most of your time there!
Oh, we love Denny's, as you'll see again later in the report!

Thanks for reading.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Great day plenty achieved. Like the look of the pastries. Shame about the traffic though.
Old 23 Sep 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Great day plenty achieved. Like the look of the pastries. Shame about the traffic though.
Yes, it was another packed day - we definitely made the most of our time out there. Thanks for reading
Old 29 Sep 18, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Excellent pain au chocolat nabbing skills Graeme

OMG 5 hour journey

Joshua Tree looks beautiful, looking forward to reading about it

Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by slow.jo View Post
Excellent pain au chocolat nabbing skills Graeme

OMG 5 hour journey

Joshua Tree looks beautiful, looking forward to reading about it

Jo xx
Ha - it's a skill I've mastered over the years!
Old 14 Oct 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Another great day. I watched a vlog of a family that went down that slide. I think you're all very brave lol.

Interesting day but wow to that traffic again. I really had no idea it was as bad as that. Denny's sounds like a fab choice.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Another great day. I watched a vlog of a family that went down that slide. I think you're all very brave lol.

Interesting day but wow to that traffic again. I really had no idea it was as bad as that. Denny's sounds like a fab choice.
I wanted the slide to last longer!

Can't beat Denny's.

M x