Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Months 10 and 11
Exciting things start to happen
The kitchen starts to go in

Then the bathroom

The ensuite

The electrics

The kitchen gets wall cabinets but the doors that were on the base seem to disappear for some strange
reason lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Love the progress. We are renovating our new house so it's nice to see we are not the only ones mad enough.
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Love the progress photos, shame you have had such bad luck but hopefully no more hiccups x
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

So moth 11 got interesting.
My DH decided to sign us up to a property selling programme for our other house. This was a blessing in disguise as we were desperate for funds and needed to sell. Paying 2 mortgages and 2 lots f council tax on top of lots of debt from bank and family is not fun.

But also meant we had to move into a building site My poor children. Although their living space has tripled so looking at the next few pics the seemed happy enough

Fixing those old uneven stairs were a priority
[APP]
The children had fun working around the workmen and vice versa lol.
I cringe at the building dust lol and cred every day about living in this state lol
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KateD View Post
Love the progress. We are renovating our new house so it's nice to see we are not the only ones mad enough.
Thanks, you should do progress thread I would love to see it. It is hard work but worth it wish we had better builders but we made the best out of the situation. Hope yours is going smoothly

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Love the progress photos, shame you have had such bad luck but hopefully no more hiccups x
Thank you, I hope so we have a project manager this time although the insurance company is going slowly. At least I don't have to live in it until it is completed again lol
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

13th month and me and the kids have been pretty much living upstairs and going out lots.

The flooring is installed downstairs

Electric fire tested

These are the latest update pic we seem to have internally (These pics were taken to show the each other the progress so far but we were both there every day and the rooms were pretty much complete apart from minor bits and bobs.
I would paint the rooms during the day (when the little one slept)

16 months in the rendering started I have a pic (this took them 6 months for a couple of weel job I was not impressed. The subcontractor was substandard and the company would not listen.

So after a couple of years and the damp issues progressing not subsiding In late 2016 I went and said I wanted something done about it.(Initially, we expected residual damp to come through but the patches grew rather than going away)
They sent out a surveyor who agreed it was defective.9 months later they finally started work in October 2017)

Edited at 07:29 PM.
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

22 months later we make a start flattening the 'garden' WHich is still in progress (actually looks like a jungle now lol (was supposed to happen this summer but the fire put a hold on that plan lol)

A few months after it happened

The playroom got put to good use (we had LED disco lighting fitted for the kids hence funny coloured photos)

I will add photos of the fire damage when I get a chance. The main damage started in the playroom and that was completely destroyed.

It went through a bit to the dining room and the kitchen cupboards are heavily smoke and heat damaged.
The fire was underneath DS's room so he has a hole in his floor and has damaged pipework and joists so the main bathroom needs rippin gout and starting agin.

Edited at 07:30 PM.
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m loving this thread. Am so sorry to hear of the fire, how incredibly scary but at least you all got out unscathed! Looking forward to seeing the progress of renovation number 2 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

My DH had 4 pics of the fire-damaged room (Play room)

And shows the entrance and ceiling(dining room)

I don't have any upstairs pics and the rest of the rooms suffered from smoke damage rather than heat damage...

Not sure which scent is worse the dog urine at the start or the fire smell lol

The playroom has now been ripped back to the brick so I will take pics next time I am there.

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I’m loving this thread. Am so sorry to hear of the fire, how incredibly scary but at least you all got out unscathed! Looking forward to seeing the progress of renovation number 2 😃
Thanks so am I .
The fire happened 6 weeks before our surprise trip to Disney ... and with all the stress we enjoyed it but couldn't relax hence Disney take 2.

Our next trip is hopefully to celebrate completion (it was supposed to be in August but price brought it forward to March). I hope it starts soon but the Smart electrical system that my DH wanted has been causing complications for the insurance company Not so smart now lol