Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Nov 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Radisson Blu Manchester Airport - tips for a deal?

Hi all,

It's recently transpired that OH has booked the day off the day before we go to Florida next year, which essentially means we can stay over at a hotel the night before - which we loved doing on our honeymoon

We got a free upgrade last year to an exec room with lounge access but these rooms are currently coming up at £268+ a night.

Any tips for a deal?

Thanks!

Trace xx
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They are fabulous rooms, but I'm not sure they're worth that price.

This year we flew from Birmingham and found a fantastic guest house. The price for 2 double rooms was £159, it included a cooked to order breakfast. The rooms were really nice and the beds were far superior to any of the airport hotels we have stayed in, including the Radisson Blu.

Our next trip to Florida will be from Manchester and I am going to try and find a nice place on the outskirts of Manchester

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Oh Bother
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
They are fabulous rooms, but I'm not sure they're worth that price.

This year we flew from Birmingham and found a fantastic guest house. The price for 2 double rooms was £159, it included a cooked to order breakfast. The rooms were really nice and the beds were far superior to any of the airport hotels we have stayed in, including the Radisson Blu.

Our next trip to Florida will be from Manchester and I am going to try and find a nice place on the outskirts of Manchester
I can recommend looking around Hale/Altrincham. Both lovely places and easy access to Manchester airport
Oh Bother is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed in crowne plaza at Manchester last year and really liked it. Has a superb Chinese restaurant!

Cost us £90 for a triple room with parking for 2 weeks. 5 mins in shuttle bus to t2. Prices are over double that at moment for our next trip but it's prob cos it's 11 months away
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post

We are staying in them Radisson on Friday night before our flight on Saturday. It was £155 for a double room and breakfast. Used Tesco club card points as tripled in value so £30 got us a £90 discount, £65 left to pay. Breakfast buffet includes a free Bloody Mary and prosecco bar.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Oh Bother View Post
I can recommend looking around Hale/Altrincham. Both lovely places and easy access to Manchester airport
Thanks, I'll go and have a look

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

I've never paid that much for an executive room. Most I have ever paid is £200. I always book direct as we collect Radisson Reward points. There are other hotels though around where you will get better deals. I have heard the Crowne Plaza is great although you need to shuttle to the terminals.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

That does sound a lot. I think we are paying £260 for an executive room, breakfast and 15 nights parking. This is for next August.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fancealot
Getting Excited

We've booked a standard room for Nov 2019 and that far out was cheaper than normal, also joined the members club (don't remember the name) which gave another discount
Old 14 Nov 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
That does sound a lot. I think we are paying £260 for an executive room, breakfast and 15 nights parking. This is for next August.
Hi who did you book that via? That's pretty decent.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List