Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Nov 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
Hi who did you book that via? That's pretty decent.
We booked about 6 months ago direct with Radisson. It is the reward member rate but free to join.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

I would say to always look direct first and sign up to their member scheme Radisson Rewards, it is free to do so and if you don't like their rates, look elsewhere. I have always booked this way and got the best price however. I think the member rates are about 10% cheaper.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Trace
Radisson have just announced their sale for weekend nights (30% off) thought it may help.
Lisa
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Just checked my required dates
2 a 2 c === £252
2a ( 2nd room) £102

As much as I like the Radisson £254 for a few hours sleep is not worth it.
Looks like PI will win again
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Hi
I booked the Radisson in the sale they had between Christmas and NY, if you join their rewards scheme (totally free), you will get better deals.

I would recommend a room with lounge access, we did this is Sept and it was such a good start to the holiday. Just so you can weigh it up, we paid for a runway view with lounge access and it was £206.

Tip though - don't take water from the mini bar - OH did this during the night as he was thirsty and they charged us £3.95!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jillzo View Post

Hi
I booked the Radisson in the sale they had between Christmas and NY, if you join their rewards scheme (totally free), you will get better deals.

I would recommend a room with lounge access, we did this is Sept and it was such a good start to the holiday. Just so you can weigh it up, we paid for a runway view with lounge access and it was £206.

Tip though - don't take water from the mini bar - OH did this during the night as he was thirsty and they charged us £3.95!
Brilliant tip - thank you!

Thanks for the guide price as well If I got something like this (maybe with a bit of cashback ) I would be more than happy.

I'm not bothered about a runway view, particularly but the exec lounge is definitely what we want. We simply loved it when we had that upgrade on honeymoon.

It's gonna doubly work for us this time as we're ditching the car and getting the train into Manchester Airport, which is near both T2 (where we're flying from) and the Radisson!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi

Did that Inc parking?
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trebor1 View Post
Did that Inc parking?
It didn't no. We got the train from Edinburgh to the airport.
When we looked at prices at the Radisson, a glass of wine was approx £7 and beer approx £6. We like a couple of drinks, just to relax pre travel day. When we looked at price of a standard room (about £180), by the time we had a few drinks and something to eat, would probably have cost more staying in a standard room! Atleast in the lounge you get some small bites too!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

It didn't no. We got the train from Edinburgh to the airport.
When we looked at prices at the Radisson, a glass of wine was approx £7 and beer approx £6. We like a couple of drinks, just to relax pre travel day. When we looked at price of a standard room (about £180), by the time we had a few drinks and something to eat, would probably have cost more staying in a standard room! Atleast in the lounge you get some small bites too!
I agree with the price of the drinks for a standard room v executive package. I have a couple of glasses of wines or a g and t and DH has a couple of beers. Add on a few cokes for the DD and we make up the difference of the price of the room and it's lovely sat in the lounge. We treat the small bites as a little added extra as sometimes it's too much of a bun fight to worry about as I am sure some people starve themselves all day before they get there and are like a plague of locusts! We usually get a subway to take there or a little M & S picnic.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Black Fri/CyberMon deals at Radisson Blu Manchester Airport

Hope this helps some of you

Radisson offer is 30% off weekend stays until 31st August 2019. (and every day during the month at Easter from 5th April to 6th May)

Must book by 27th November to get these rates.

Standard rooms reduced from £169 to £118
Exec Room with runway view reduced from £250 to £175
Other options also available.

Here is the link sorry it's so long once you reach the page make sure you enter your correct dates.

radissonblu/reservat... urrency=true

Promotional Code is
CYBERMON

Hope it helps
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List