Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Nov 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

T-Rex restaurant

Hello

It is nearing my date when I can book an adr at T-rex, I know I can book from 11am on the day, but whenever I look to see what times are available it is only ever 8.30pm.

Why is this, I know if offsite you can book from 180 days, is it different for onsite? can they book for all 14 days from the 180th day?

Is there any other way of booking a table other than through MDE?

Thanks
Mjordan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Apply for a Landrys card and also have your birthday when away.
You don’t need to book then, just walk in.
Old 18 Nov 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Apply for a Landrys card and also have your birthday when away.
You don’t need to book then, just walk in.
I have a landrys card just have never used it to get in to a restaurant

how quickly are you seated from showing the card?
Mjordan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just to say, we visit t rex every year and have never booked a table. The longest we've ever waited would be about 25 minutes - so if you can't book a table don't worry, they do let you just walk in
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mjordan View Post
I have a landrys card just have never used it to get in to a restaurant

how quickly are you seated from showing the card?
You are given the next available table. Have never had to wait more than the couple of minutes it takes them to clean one.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you, that is good to know
Old 19 Nov 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You can book a table direct through the T-Rex website.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

I was there last week on Tuesday. Hadn't planned on visiting Disney Springs, but had a rental car... figured what the heck.

I've always wanted to try T-Rex and never had luck with ADRs.

Walked up to the second check-in counter (the first is only for ADRs I think). Asked how long for party of 4, was quoted 30 minutes. Waited maybe 3-4 minutes and we were called. I've never had a shorter wait...even with ADRs.

Food was good, however terribly over priced (if you aren't on the DDP... I would skip). Good lord is T-Rex loud. I get it...it's a kid friendly place (akin to Rainforest Cafe) - but exceedingly loud + some kind of comet strike or eruption effect every 15 minutes. Very cool place visually and excellent for keeping little kids excited about the setting; just know going in that conversation will be difficult.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
I was there last week on Tuesday. Hadn't planned on visiting Disney Springs, but had a rental car... figured what the heck.

I've always wanted to try T-Rex and never had luck with ADRs.

Walked up to the second check-in counter (the first is only for ADRs I think). Asked how long for party of 4, was quoted 30 minutes. Waited maybe 3-4 minutes and we were called. I've never had a shorter wait...even with ADRs.

Food was good, however terribly over priced (if you aren't on the DDP... I would skip). Good lord is T-Rex loud. I get it...it's a kid friendly place (akin to Rainforest Cafe) - but exceedingly loud + some kind of comet strike or eruption effect every 15 minutes. Very cool place visually and excellent for keeping little kids excited about the setting; just know going in that conversation will be difficult.
We are not on the DDP but always do 2 expensive meals per holiday usually do rainforest cafe and planet Hollywood, so expect to pay the price already.

Noise doesn't bother us either, it makes the atmosphere 😁

Glad your wait wasn't long, going to risk not having a booking, fingers crossed
Old 21 Nov 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Glad your wait wasn't long, going to risk not having a booking, fingers crossed
If you have little kids and any kind of wait - there is a little play area just above and to the right of the check in desk. A smaller version of the Boneyard in AK where kids can 'dig up' dino bones. My little guy was slightly bummed; he had just started playing and they called our names.

So if you actually have to wait ~10-15 minutes - you can easily fill that time between the poking around the gift shop and the little play area.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List