Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Nov 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

What did it for us was the discontinuing of no expiry tickets. We used to buy a 10 day ticket which would last us 3 trips. Now we have to pay £100ppd plus parking!
Old 30 Nov 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I miss the days before the internet so people didn't complain so much!
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Next year FPs booked three months ahead so need to decide where we will be and when.
How do you book FPs 3 months ahead?
Old 30 Nov 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
You can book FastPass+ 90 days in advance with a Club Level Disney hotel booking and any Disney ticket, by paying $50 per person per day plus tax (minimum of 3 days). This also gives you the ability to book multiple tier 1 attractions but only one FP per attraction.

I don’t know whether that’s what Tinkerbell meant?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You can book FastPass+ 90 days in advance with a Club Level Disney hotel booking and any Disney ticket, by paying $50 per person per day plus tax (minimum of 3 days). This also gives you the ability to book multiple tier 1 attractions but only one FP per attraction.

Now I’d like to say yes that’s what I meant but I meant 60 days have no idea where three months came from
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

Thanks Nimbus, you learn something new every day!

Think I'll have to be satisfied with the 60 days then.
Old 9 Dec 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Disney (apart from our boys getting older), has been off the attraction list on our last 4 visits. We tried it again in California at Easter and this only confirmed our position. This latest Disney visit only took place because they use the old, on the day ticket fastpass system and because we had never been there before.

We have concluded that we absolutely love the USA, think Florida is a great vacation destination, regard Orlando as a very good place to take a family and now regard Disney as an over complicated hassle that we no longer partake in. You need a degree in Disney organisation and planning to fully exploit the experience, such is the complication.

I well remember our earlier visits to WDW and their uncomplicated nature. I liked the old fastpass system and never felt that I was being 'gouged'. We would get up in the morning and decide over breakfast where we would be going that day after sounding out the boys and looking at the weather plot. And yes, everything appeared new and surprising due to both inexperience and the relative lack of internet research tools. On deciding only on that day that we were visiting a Disney park, we were not at a disadvantaged position when compared with any other customer.

The only way to fully exploit the Disney adventure is by using the new fast pass system and effectively marshalling your days through planning several weeks in advance. DDP likewise. When in Orlando, I want to relax and play it loose on the day. This is not a realistic option in Disney!

Dont get me wrong, I understand that Disney under its current systems appeals to many millions of people and that I am in the minority. I am not criticising anybody with a contrary viewpoint, simply stating that it is not for us. Disney cannot be that wrong in their 'tactics', as they are making billions with their business model whilst having millions of satisfied repeat customers. At the end of the day, Disney is simply a business like any other. It simply holds no appeal for me (whilst Orlando does). The 'older system', I did like.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:24 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Disney (apart from our boys getting older), has been off the attraction list on our last 4 visits. We tried it again in California at Easter and this only confirmed our position. This latest Disney visit only took place because they use the old, on the day ticket fastpass system and because we had never been there before.

We have concluded that we absolutely love the USA, think Florida is a great vacation destination, regard Orlando as a very good place to take a family and now regard Disney as an over complicated hassle that we no longer partake in. You need a degree in Disney organisation and planning to fully exploit the experience, such is the complication.

I well remember our earlier visits to WDW and their uncomplicated nature. I liked the old fastpass system and never felt that I was being 'gouged'. We would get up in the morning and decide over breakfast where we would be going that day after sounding out the boys and looking at the weather plot. And yes, everything appeared new and surprising due to both inexperience and the relative lack of internet research tools. On deciding only on that day that we were visiting a Disney park, we were not at a disadvantaged position when compared with any other customer.

The only way to fully exploit the Disney adventure is by using the new fast pass system and effectively marshalling your days through planning several weeks in advance. DDP likewise. When in Orlando, I want to relax and play it loose on the day. This is not a realistic option in Disney!

Dont get me wrong, I understand that Disney under its current systems appeals to many millions of people and that I am in the minority. I am not criticising anybody with a contrary viewpoint, simply stating that it is not for us. Disney cannot be that wrong in their 'tactics', as they are making billions with their business model whilst having millions of satisfied repeat customers. At the end of the day, Disney is simply a business like any other. It simply holds no appeal for me (whilst Orlando does). The 'older system', I did like.
This is exactly what I have found planning this holiday. Last time I went was back in 1999 as a 17 year old and like yourself we would discuss as a family over breakfast what park we would turn up to. Get in the queues and I can never remembering queuing for that long.

Now 20 years later I have a spreadsheet with which fast passes are booked for which day, which days we have booked extra morning and evening hours and which restaurants we need to book into.

I have spent the extra money this time as after this trip I will only come back if the fourth Universal park is built and stay away from Disney.

I will then get my Disney fix at Anaheim, Paris and hopefully HK when the revamp has been carried out. I just didn't quite understand how much planning is needed and to be honest I'm not a fan of it.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
This is exactly what I have found planning this holiday. Last time I went was back in 1999 as a 17 year old and like yourself we would discuss as a family over breakfast what park we would turn up to. Get in the queues and I can never remembering queuing for that long.

Now 20 years later I have a spreadsheet with which fast passes are booked for which day, which days we have booked extra morning and evening hours and which restaurants we need to book into.

I have spent the extra money this time as after this trip I will only come back if the fourth Universal park is built and stay away from Disney.

I will then get my Disney fix at Anaheim, Paris and hopefully HK when the revamp has been carried out. I just didn't quite understand how much planning is needed and to be honest I'm not a fan of it.
I went to WDW in September this year and my last visit before then was in September 1997. I absolutely hated the planning for this trip but due to health reasons I ended up changing some of my plans when I was there without any problems.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Ils View Post
I'm not sure you read my post above, but it is absolutely not NEEDED, as evidenced by two last-minute trips last year where, on both occasions, the decision to visit WDW for a stay was made the day before, hence us arriving with no tickets, no fastpasses and no ADRs.

What has changed is the planning tools you now have didn't exist all those years ago so you couldn't use them. You don't have to use them now.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List