Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Dec 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
only the UK could **** this up on such a grand scale...
Thankfully the European courts have given us a graceful "nothing to see hear" option to walk away and pretend it never happened

"The European Court of Justice has ruled the UK can cancel Brexit without the permission of the other 27 EU members."
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
This is our thoughts . People voted BEFORE they were given any information so basically voted blind . We are now having a third PM . The vote should have been given to the people after all this had been discussed first but that would have been common sense and no matter how much bleating no one really knew what they were voting for. Utter chaos , utter mess . I feel for my kids who will suffer this through their generation . I still have absolutely no idea what’s going off if I’m honest.
nail on head...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Thankfully the European courts have given us a graceful "nothing to see hear" option to walk away and pretend it never happened

"The European Court of Justice has ruled the UK can cancel Brexit without the permission of the other 27 EU members."
But the same issue exists that parliament would have to vote to cancel Article 50 against the result of the referendum.

The "Irish backstop" is a red herring and we should take it out of any agreement with the EU.

We should also not pay the EU 39 billion to start negotiations for a free trade agreement.

If Teresa May recognised those 2 points then she would not be in the mess she is now in.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorer
Imagineer

Mobile

David Cameron has got alot to answer for, I wouldn’t wish the PM job on anyone. Just listened to BBC Breakfast there and Sir Alan Duncan put it perfectly that we don’t need more uncertainty and that the members of the party that voted should be ashamed.
Think it will be a busy don’t you? ‘Dropping the mike!’
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyExplorer View Post
David Cameron has got alot to answer for, I wouldn’t wish the PM job on anyone. Just listened to BBC Breakfast there and Sir Alan Duncan put it perfectly that we don’t need more uncertainty and that the members of the party that voted should be ashamed.
Think it will be a busy don’t you? ‘Dropping the mike!’
I blame farage... but then he's an easy target.

The real person to blame in all this is Jeremy C. If he'd actually got the labour remain vote out back in 2016 (as he said he would even though he is really a leaver himself) we would not be in this position.
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I blame farage... but then he's an easy target.

The real person to blame in all this is Jeremy C. If he'd actually got the labour remain vote out back in 2016 (as he said he would even though he is really a leaver himself) we would not be in this position.
Wrong. It was clowns who started it all without a clear and concise plan presented for us all to see
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Wrong. It was clowns who started it all without a clear and concise plan presented for us all to see
The person who started it isn't always the person with the most fault and blame.

I agree it was kicked off by people who thought it would be a quick resolution to a Tory party problem. It quickly went wrong from there
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

15 days until you go, (day after boxing day is that?) We may be in the queues together as we are there from Xmas Eve
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
15 days until you go, (day after boxing day is that?) We may be in the queues together as we are there from Xmas Eve
I’m not going to Florida Sadly FV. Shame as we could have started a live anti bumbag protest
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’m not going to Florida Sadly FV. Shame as we could have started a live anti bumbag protest
I hadn't thought about doing one of them, I think I shall do it anyway in your honour