Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We have been going with Virgin for as long as I can remember and have highly recommended them to anyone who asked, even as all this was unfolding and just put it down to them finding their feet again. If they are about to make yet another change and take Glasgow off the cards altogether though then that is getting a bit of a joke especially when they've just released the new schedule and people have already had to change their plans multiple times.

I really do hope this all turns out to be rumour but at this stage I will believe anything.

Anyway, having not flown with anyone other than Virgin for a long time, what's everyone's experience with TUI if they turn out to be the only other option? We have young kids so indirect really isn't an option.
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
Yeah I know I answered my own question but seriously don’t know why anyone would now still contemplate flying with VA even if they do ever do direct again because of below

1. Why anyone would pay the prices to save 4hrs flying time(maybe I’m just too stingy&#128563

2. the way VA have treated the Glasgow customers ie refunds and mucked around with flights and dates and then just cancel all flights completely(although doesnt look like anyone going to get in anytime soon)
I agree I wouldn’t pay the current Virgin prices but indirect is a crock if you have young Kids and too me worth at least £100 per person for the reduced hassle.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eiliko View Post
We have been going with Virgin for as long as I can remember and have highly recommended them to anyone who asked, even as all this was unfolding and just put it down to them finding their feet again. If they are about to make yet another change and take Glasgow off the cards altogether though then that is getting a bit of a joke especially when they've just released the new schedule and people have already had to change their plans multiple times.

I really do hope this all turns out to be rumour but at this stage I will believe anything.

Anyway, having not flown with anyone other than Virgin for a long time, what's everyone's experience with TUI if they turn out to be the only other option? We have young kids so indirect really isn't an option.
I would look at indirect via JFK from Edinburgh/Glasgow if you can. It’s klm, delta, virgin share. It’s the only indirect I would consider as it’s as direct as you can get flight time wise and you do immigration at jfk so not doing it when the kids are shot at mco. Some flights out there for around £1800 in May for 2 adults and 2 kids...
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I really hope virgin continue their direct flights from glasgow or the gla-jfk-mco route would probably be the preferred route for us too.
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparky0309
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
I would look at indirect via JFK from Edinburgh/Glasgow if you can. It’s klm, delta, virgin share. It’s the only indirect I would consider as it’s as direct as you can get flight time wise and you do immigration at jfk so not doing it when the kids are shot at mco. Some flights out there for around £1800 in May for 2 adults and 2 kids...
Never tried this route but will look at it for next time we go, whenever that may be🙁
Sparky0309 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
itsjayw
I have Ears

so much conflicting information about belfast flights. Have been told by virgin my direct belfast-orlando flight in May 2021 is now departing from manchester, other people have been told there wont be any belfast flights at all next year and people from glasgow seem to be having the same issues
itsjayw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gngr29
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by itsjayw View Post
so much conflicting information about belfast flights. Have been told by virgin my direct belfast-orlando flight in May 2021 is now departing from manchester, other people have been told there wont be any belfast flights at all next year and people from glasgow seem to be having the same issues
Hi, we rebooked for July 2021, and when onto VA flying club re missing miles. So, I asked the operator about BFS departures 2021. He knew about conflicting info being given to Belfast/Glasgow customers at the moment. But said that the summer schedules were being finalised and thought that anyone going in summer should be ok and a direct flight would go from BFS! Unfortunately I think he was talking about late June/July. But as you said so much conflicting info. Thought my days of a connecting flight from Gatwick/Heathrow was over!

Edited at 05:12 PM.
Gngr29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
nurseliz
Dancing with Tink'

Hi can anyone help.
i had rebooked my virgin holiday flight from sept to may 14th2021 with direct flight from glasgow. when it was time to book flights was able to book seat on return but not going. now discovered virgin schedule direct from glasgow is sat 15/5/2021 but manage my booking and recent email stills shows the 14th. Unable to phone them as only dealing with customers flying within next 14 days. No reply to twitter or whatsapp message. Does anyone have any suggestions as i have accommodation booked from the 14th.
nurseliz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Thebigpostie
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are booked to fly may 15 2021 from Glasgow and just had it confirmed. Return flight into Manchester. Got to make our own way home.
Thebigpostie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
nurseliz
Dancing with Tink'

how did you get it confirmed, as my booking still shows fri14/28th 2021 dates, with unable to get through to virgin.
nurseliz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List