Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
is there any update on VA flying from glasgow 2021? trying to get prices.
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bonny Scotland View Post
is there any update on VA flying from glasgow 2021? trying to get prices.
I've been keeping a very close eye on this as we would be affected by any changes but nothing official announced yet.. as it stands though they are flying direct from Glasgow from the end of March so that is the current official line I believe. They are currently going out on a Saturday and Wednesday and back a Friday and Tuesday.

We are booked through VH and have already selected seats for our outbound flight direct from Glasgow on a Saturday in May 2021 and are due to book our inbound seats on Thursday of this week. Looking at VA website, the Saturday return direct to Glasgow no longer exists so something will change. My brother goes out a week before us and is still waiting on the flight reference to be linked on VH manage my booking, so i don't think ours will be linked on Thursday either.

As others have mentioned in this thread I'm hearing a range of things from people being sent out from Glasgow and back into Manchester, having their flight changed to another day, being sent indirect or being told there are no flights from Glasgow next year full stop, so i don't know what to believe!

Just waiting to see how it all pans out now.
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve read on fb (take with a pinch of salt) that someone has been told by VA that from June they would be going back to Friday Saturday flights. 🤷 Guess it’s just a case of waiting to see with they announce/release at the time
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

I can say with a degree of certainty that there are/will be no direct flights from Glasgow on 27th March.Anyones guess whats happening after that
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
gutting if they stop flying from Glasgow as it has been a popular route over the years.
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
Yeah I know I answered my own question but seriously don’t know why anyone would now still contemplate flying with VA even if they do ever do direct again because of below

1. Why anyone would pay the prices to save 4hrs flying time(maybe I’m just too stingy&#128563

2. the way VA have treated the Glasgow customers ie refunds and mucked around with flights and dates and then just cancel all flights completely(although doesnt look like anyone going to get in anytime soon)
Because BA messed us about in 2017. Booked based on EDI-gat-MCO both ways with reasonable connection times at Gatwick.

4 months out, they removed the earlier flight back to Edinburgh meaning 10 hrs in Gatwick. Luckily we live in north Lanarkshire so good for both edi and gla but a pain as wanted back earlier on the day back and also couldn’t park car at Edinburgh anymore.

Before this happened, the ability to just go and come back directly was a lovely thought and stopped all of what I just described. I should be in Florida right now, coming back on 11th. But hey booked for next year but who knows how we get there and ask you can see from my signature, my hotel isn’t currently open yet.
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Frange
Proud to wear my Ears

I’ve been checking VH daily and they are gradually (rolling 331 days out) changing their flights to Wed/Sat out & Tue/Fri return.
As of today we are up to Friday 4th June 2021 (331 days out) and they are definitely changing the flights in June - so far anyway.
I’m waiting to see what happens to my flights booked for Fri 18th June.
Windsor At Westside July 2017
Grand Floridian/ Windsor Hills 2024
Frange is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi all.

Just an update from our booking, we were supposed to be going out from Glasgow with VH on Sat the 22nd May and returning on Saturday June the 5th. Our flights window opened today and we have been moved to coming back on Friday June the 4th.

Interestingly, it hasnt linked on VH manage my booking at all but I can see the return flight now by logging into the VA website directly.
Eiliko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Monolith
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eiliko View Post
Hi all.

Just an update from our booking, we were supposed to be going out from Glasgow with VH on Sat the 22nd May and returning on Saturday June the 5th. Our flights window opened today and we have been moved to coming back on Friday June the 4th.

Interestingly, it hasnt linked on VH manage my booking at all but I can see the return flight now by logging into the VA website directly.
Can I ask as a favour for info from anyone booked with VH, what they do when these flights are changed, when asked.

Do they:
1. Change your flight to a day early
2. Make the return flight non direct
3. Allow to book for 17 days

It seems inevitable that in 2 weeks time I’ll be dealing with this and I’m looking to be prepared for how to discuss things with them.
Monolith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Eiliko
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Can I ask as a favour for info from anyone booked with VH, what they do when these flights are changed, when asked.

Do they:
1. Change your flight to a day early
2. Make the return flight non direct
3. Allow to book for 17 days

It seems inevitable that in 2 weeks time I’ll be dealing with this and I’m looking to be prepared for how to discuss things with them.
For us i think we will just be leaving it as is, the change was done automatically, we weren't asked our preference.

We'll just come back a day early, it's not great but extending isn't an option for us due to school and i can't be bothered with the hassle of indirect plus, after having to cancel from this May, I'll be happy to be able to go at all!