Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Oct 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 19 - Cat Cafe, DS & Mannys Chop House

The index is here.

Wednesday 14th August 2019

With the exception of the surprise to come on the last day (no peeking yet!) this was one of the days DDs were looking forward to the most. Can you guess what where we’ll be going? Disney? Universal? Sea World? Yes, you guessed it, we’re going to the Cat Café

The plan had us going to MK in the afternoon with FPs for Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and Big Thunder; at one point we had an ADR for Tony Town restaurant but decided to cancel that before the holiday started.

Again, it was another off-plan day; we did so much in the first week whilst at Beach Club and also the fact of paying $25 parking for a couple of hours didn’t appeal too much.

The Cat Café is at Cagans Cross across from Walmart so we went to the Waffle House for breakfast.

It was really busy; it’s quite a small place but we managed to get the last table; about four other families came after us and had to wait about 20 mins for tables to become free. I had the All-day breakfast, DW had Waffles with syrup and DDs had Waffles with chocolate chips; we also had 2 coffees and 2 orange juices.

The waffles were lovely and hit the spot; it’s not gourmet but we do love these types of places (IHOP, Bob Evans etc.); the total was $33.06 (£32.28).

Before going to the Cat Café, we popped to Walmart to get some last-minute essentials such as Jolly Ranchers Off to the Cat Café

You have to book a slot before arriving, and as we were planning the trip we booked ours a couple of months ago, they give you an hour slot and for four of us, the cost was $39.34. There is a really good independent coffee shop next to it, which did delicious cakes

There were lots of cats who were looking for their forever homes; they had an adoption day coming up and there were a couple who were in the process of adopting a cat. It was lovely seeing the cat sat on the guy’s lap not moving almost saying you’re not going unless I’m coming with you.

The place is lovely and clean; there was a green house where the kittens were, but the rest of the cats had plenty of room to walk and play; lots of scratch poles and the people who ran it were so nice.

We all had a great time and would recommend it to anyone who fancies a change from the Florida norm. We picked up some gifts from the shop, had a coffee and headed out.

Just as we finished our drinks, the heavens opened; it absolutely poured down. We waited for about 5 mins to see if it would ease up but nope; so I did a dash to get the car and then chivalrously drove back and parked as close as I could to the exit so DW and DDs didn’t get wet. I know what you're thinking... not all heroes wear capes

When we stayed at the Beach Club, DW really want to get a cutlery set from the Yacht Club shop, so we headed there and picked it up. Then we went to Fantasia Gardens and played mini golf, unfortunately we only played 9 holes before being called in as lightning was in the area. DW likes to remind us that she was winning before we were called in.

As were close by Disney springs, we decided to have a look around; DW really fancied Mac and Cheese from the truck

She ordered the lobster and shrimp $13 and although I’m not really a Mac and Cheese lover, it was fantastic. DD2 bought another pin in Disney Style and DD1 bought some make up in Sephora because she had a gift card left. We had a mooch around WoD and it was there, the t-shirt DD1 had been looking for all holiday was there in her size. She grabbed it with both hands and didn’t let it go until it was bought.

We headed back home but decided to call in at Wendy’s. DD1 had 10 nuggets, fries and a chocolate frosty; DD2 had 6 nuggets with a Dr Pepper and I had the $5 burger, nuggets, fries and frosty; total was $17.49 £14.45)

We went back to the villa and decided that we’d go to Mannys Chop House for dinner. We’ve had mixed experience with Mannys - our first trip in 2012, our villa was close to the one in Haines and we went there, it was amazing and one of the best meals of that trip; however on the last trip, it was very underwhelming. Our friends said that the one in Haines had dropped by their standards but the new one on the 192 was much better.

We called ahead and when we there was a huge queue when we got there. We were told it would be a 30 mins wait but was in within 5 mins.

We started with the bread rolls with butter and cinnamon butter and the endless salad; for drinks DDs had coke, I had a water and DW had a Chardonnay. What’s not to love about the bread and salad especially the warm cinnamon butter

For main DD2 had 9 oz filet, fries and house salad, DD1 had the same but 6oz; DW had 14 oz New York strip with garlic potato smash and house salad and I had the strip steak, fries and house salad.

Having been to Longhorn, I’m sorry to say that Mannys was very average which is a shame. Don’t get me wrong, the steaks were nice and cooked well but just thought Longhorn was much better. You can see from DW’s meal, it looked like it was slopped on the plate but maybe our previous experience was clouding our judgement. Sorry to say that it won’t be on the next trip The cost was $128 (£105.79). We went home and chilled.

It was another great day; we all loved the Cat Café and will be going back on the next trip; Wendy’s and DW’s Mac and Cheese was good. Although Mannys was average there was nothing wrong with the meal.

Tomorrow is Epcot in the afternoon with an ADR at Via Napoli so we can watch Illuminations. Day 20 can be found here

Edited at 09:57 AM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannyjan
Proud to wear my Ears

Do we get to see the tshirt?
Jannyjan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We love Manny’s but we have had mixed fortune on the 192 the first time not good the second time it was really good!
The one at Haines City is usually good but so busy! Even when you ring ahead you can be waiting over 45 mins.

Joan
Old 28 Oct 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mmm the mac ‘n’ cheese looks good
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s good to see all the different things you can do in Orlando. Your girls looked like they had a ball at the cat cafe. What I wouldn’t give right now for that Mac n Cheese, looks amazing. Shame about Manny’s, we are big Longhorns fans in our house, my DH and DS love their steaks. A great day.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List