Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#61
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Ironically growing up where she did and from old Grantham photos she was used to Hunter wellies, Barbour jackets and head squares so she would have known how to dress (that was a huge American slip up) together with tipping staff at Balmoral - her Grandmother was housekeeper at Belton House (and there lies another tale about who fathered her mother but thats another thread and she may well have royal blood in her as she knew (Lord Brownlow leant her Belton silver when she became Prime Minster as No 10 didnt have anything “suitable”) and there is no way Dennis would have offered a tip to servants - again that was for the American audience I am sure
She may not have expected to have to go galumphing around the Moors after a poor stag tho. 😂
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#62
megaflyer
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
megaflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 07
Location: Clapham
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
She may not have expected to have to go galumphing around the Moors after a poor stag tho. 😂

Poor stag - I didn’t like that bit
__________________
Regards,

Megaflyer

Proud diversity champion - if that makes me a woke in your eyes then delighted with that label
megaflyer is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#63
Loulou127
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 14
We’re up to episode 3, really enjoying it, but we’ve both said during this episode that we can see why Megan as an older, more confident woman wouldn’t stand for all that nonsense (tradition) Diana being trained by her grandmother was painful to watch, think GA is great as Maggie x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
#64
dotb
Imagineer
 
dotb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 05
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
We’re up to episode 3, really enjoying it, but we’ve both said during this episode that we can see why Megan as an older, more confident woman wouldn’t stand for all that nonsense (tradition) Diana being trained by her grandmother was painful to watch, think GA is great as Maggie x
I think that Diana as an aristocrat, a Lady, whose father was equerry to the queen and equerry to her father the previous king not to mention her grandmother being lady in waiting to the queen mum, would have known the etiquette and pecking order behind curtsies etc, yet more dramatic licence.
__________________
Dot
dotb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
#65
duchy
Imagineer
 
duchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 04
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by dotb View Post
I think that Diana as an aristocrat, a Lady, whose father was equerry to the queen and equerry to her father the previous king not to mention her grandmother being lady in waiting to the queen mum, would have known the etiquette and pecking order behind curtsies etc, yet more dramatic licence.
I don’t think so, it was talked about at the time that she was staying at Clarence House so the Queen Mother could instruct her. I think it was exaggerated as I agree she’d have some knowledge but I do believe she was “coached” before her marriage in the etiquette of being a royal .
duchy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
#66
dotb
Imagineer
 
dotb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 05
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I don’t think so, it was talked about at the time that she was staying at Clarence House so the Queen Mother could instruct her. I think it was exaggerated as I agree she’d have some knowledge but I do believe she was “coached” before her marriage in the etiquette of being a royal .
Oh definitely coached in somethings of how to actually BE a royal, but the basics she would have known she did move in those circles they knew her and her family, they lived in a cottage at Sandringham. She wasn’t a complete no nothing like Ms Markle.
__________________
Dot
dotb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
#67
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Mobile

I wonder if she thought they were less formal when they were just family though?
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#68
dotb
Imagineer
 
dotb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 05
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I wonder if she thought they were less formal when they were just family though?
As far as I’m aware the curtsying is done to the queen and senior royals even by family the first time they meet each day.
If I know that I’m sure she did lol
__________________
Dot
dotb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#69
Cloverlady
Imagineer
 
Cloverlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 12
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
She may not have expected to have to go galumphing around the Moors after a poor stag tho. 😂
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Poor stag - I didn’t like that bit
I had to fast forward past the stag scenes!
Such a magnificent beast!
I didn't manage to avoid the bit where his head was brought in and hung on the wall
__________________

Florida - 04,05,06,08,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19, Covid cancelled 20, 21...
Cruises - Caribbean x3, Canaries, Far East/India/Dubai, Mexico, Mediterranean x2, Greek Islands
Other USA - California Nevada Arizona Utah New York New Mexico Colorado
Cloverlady is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#70
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Originally Posted by dotb View Post
As far as I’m aware the curtsying is done to the queen and senior royals even by family the first time they meet each day.
If I know that I’m sure she did lol
Now you see I only learnt that when there was all that fuss at the Church for Meghan's first Christmas.

I always loved that reunion of Diana and the boys in Britannia when she just runs to them with her arms open, no formality just a mum.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disneyland
On 26th January 10:38am
Disney’s Jungle Cruise attraction updated with an entirely new story focusing on cultural sensitivity. At Disney... Read More »
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3324
CaxtonFX  $1.3391
Covent Garden FX  $1.3589
FAIRFX  $1.3360
John Lewis  $1.3409
M&S  $1.3162
Post Office  $1.3149
Sainsburys  $1.3307
TESCO  $1.3343
Travelex  $1.3300
Updated: 19:00 26/01/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1001
CaxtonFX  €1.1010
Covent Garden FX  €1.1180
FAIRFX  €1.1000
John Lewis  €1.1055
M&S  €1.0853
Post Office  €1.0840
Sainsburys  €1.0990
TESCO  €1.0999
Travelex  €1.0959
Updated: 19:00 26/01/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now