Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Dec 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Mobile

That's wonderful news. Just been through a similar experience. Using bio oil but too early to tell how effective it is.

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Bio oil is stinky, but does work
Old 1 Dec 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I used bio oil on my thyroid scar and it can barely be seen now. I think the trick it is gently massage it too rather than just apply the oil as it helps break down, or helps to stop scar tissue forming underneath.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

Bio oil I used that after my operation for bowel cancer I was stapled from high above my bully button to my pelvis and within months you could hardly notice the scar, my nurse recommended it to me and I used it daily.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Borderbairn View Post
That's wonderful news. Just been through a similar experience. Using bio oil but too early to tell how effective it is.
Glad your ok.
Seems like Bio-oil is the way to go. Thankyou for all the recommendations.
Old 1 Dec 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Coincidentally, I’m seeing my surgeon on Tuesday (literally booked 5 mins ago) for gall bladder removal op. Just a regular post op check-up but Was going to ask his recommendation for reducing the redness of the key hole scars. Can report back.

(I saw the comment above re time being best healer so maybe I just need to be patient! Op was done beginning of Sep)
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gl20 View Post
Coincidentally, I’m seeing my surgeon on Tuesday (literally booked 5 mins ago) for gall bladder removal op. Just a regular post op check-up but Was going to ask his recommendation for reducing the redness of the key hole scars. Can report back.

(I saw the comment above re time being best healer so maybe I just need to be patient! Op was done beginning of Sep)
Thankyou, would be pleased to hear recommendation.
Time is o.k. if it's not on your face Don't want to put people off their Christmas dinner
Old 1 Dec 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Will see what he says. Secretly I like my scars as they make me look well hard, but my wife told me to get the redness checked...
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
I hate the smell of Bio Oil. After my cancer surgery the chief oncologist at my hospital recommended massaging the scars with olive oil twice a day, it softens the skin as any oil would but has also been shown (in genuine scientific studies) to have some anti inflammatory and apoptic anti-cancer properties (can kill some cancer cells).
One of my scars is almost undetectable and I’m sure it’s due to the olive oil.
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

When I had my knee replaced the cut opened up a few weeks later due to swelling and left me with a horrible scar. I bought bio oil which worked but my consultant said any oil / cream would do as it was the massaging that did the work so I never bought more but massaged twice a day with my normal cream.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List