Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Christmas “bubble “ and travel

We spend Christmas at my parents in Scotland every year , normal go about 23-29th , obviously this year the restrictions are 23-27th.
We live 2.5 hours from them. So in effect is that meaning that we have to leave them on 27th and is their a “time” we have to .
I had hoped to go to bed on 27th and leave early 28th but not so sure.
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
VIP Dibber

Yep you have to be in your own home night of 27th (but not sure who will check or care really ... )

Megaflyer

Proud diversity champion - if that makes me a woke in your eyes then delighted with that label
megaflyer is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Depends on where you are travelling to in Scotland. The highlands are level 1, most other places 3 and 4 with Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire level 2. The police did fine 6 people who traveled to Oban, I think from Glasgow area the other day. Not sure if it was a random stop or if they all piled out of a car and into a house and were seen. You could travel the following day if say for instance you were too unwell to travel the night before. As long as you're not mixing in the community the following day and heading home then no harm done.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Here in Lanarkshire we are in Level4 till 11th December at 6pm
Ms Sturgeon says we will be out of levels4 then hoping but honestly I’m not holding my breath
But she has made it clear it’ends midnight on the 27th so you need to leave before then
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
Depends on where you are travelling to in Scotland. The highlands are level 1, most other places 3 and 4 with Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire level 2. The police did fine 6 people who traveled to Oban, I think from Glasgow area the other day. Not sure if it was a random stop or if they all piled out of a car and into a house and were seen. You could travel the following day if say for instance you were too unwell to travel the night before. As long as you're not mixing in the community the following day and heading home then no harm done.
My parents live in South Lanarkshire , that’s exactly what we would do , leave their house early 28th travel straight home to hours , not stopping nor mixing with anyone.
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Here in Lanarkshire we are in Level4 till 11th December at 6pm
Ms Sturgeon says we will be out of levels4 then hoping but honestly I’m not holding my breath
But she has made it clear it’ends midnight on the 27th so you need to leave before then
My mind was go to bed 27th at my parents (you know where that is ) then leave early 28th.
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’m sure you’d be fine
The town is very quiet except the post office it was rammed today and a couple of shops who think they are essential how I don’t know to be honest
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

I think not including NYE in the bubble is strange. I'd have made it Christmas Eve to New years Eve personally, but I'm not in charge. After all once you are bubbled how long doesn't really matter.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hrbrar
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
We spend Christmas at my parents in Scotland every year , normal go about 23-29th , obviously this year the restrictions are 23-27th.
We live 2.5 hours from them. So in effect is that meaning that we have to leave them on 27th and is their a “time” we have to .
I had hoped to go to bed on 27th and leave early 28th but not so sure.
I think you may have answered your own question before even asking it! The dates are 23rd to 27th. So I believe that would mean you leave your house on the 23rd and get home to your house on the 27th.

We’re not going anywhere as has been the norm for 2020.

1995 Days Inn MG West 1997 Villa Kissimmee 1998 EconoLodge 1999 Cypress Pointe 2000 Hampton Inn 2001 Indian Point 2007 Indian Ridge 2008 Highland Reserve 2010 Florida Pines 2012 Calabay Parc 2013 Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2014 Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes 2015 Sunset Lakes 2016 Windsor Palms 2018 Clear Creek 2019 Dibb Villa High Grove
hrbrar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by hrbrar View Post
I think you may have answered your own question before even asking it! The dates are 23rd to 27th. So I believe that would mean you leave your house on the 23rd and get home to your house on the 27th.

We’re not going anywhere as has been the norm for 2020.
To be honest it might have sounded that it’s clear to me but just like 2020 has been this wasn’t really clear to me.

Normally see my parents at least 6- 7 times a year. This year only seen them twice